Okay, so i've had the blackberry storm for about two and a half weeks, so far i've had no problems with connecting my phone to my computer until yesterday when it just stopped reconizing the device. any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance
    01-10-09 03:32 PM
    First thought would just be to reboot the PC.
    01-10-09 03:48 PM
    Are you receiving an error message? Did you check your device manager for conflicts? Are you able to open BBDM? If you plug something else into the same port is it recognized?
    01-10-09 05:03 PM
    Try a different USB port.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 06:09 PM
    Are you receiving an error message? Did you check your device manager for conflicts? Are you able to open BBDM? If you plug something else into the same port is it recognized?
    it says it's working properly, im getting no error message, and yes i am able to open BBDM
    Last edited by bbstormstolemywife; 01-10-09 at 06:32 PM.
    01-10-09 06:27 PM
    Try a different USB port.

that's one of the first things i tried. thanks for replying though
    01-10-09 06:28 PM
    it says it's working properly
    O.K. In order for someone to help you, we will need for you to be a little more specific. What is "it"? And whatever "it" is, does "it" say that "it" is "working properly"?
    01-10-09 06:30 PM
    O.K. In order for someone to help you, we will need for you to be a little more specific. What is "it"? And whatever "it" is, does "it" say that "it" is "working properly"?
    ok sorry about that. i am able to open the device manager. when i go to computer- right click- properties- portable devices- 9530 it says the device is working properly (im not sure if that will help). i've tried using different usb ports, reinstalling the drivers not sure what else i can do. thanks again for the help
    01-10-09 06:43 PM
    May wish to try a different USB cord. Also, any chance you are using a USB mini to micro adapter? Seems they work sometimes but not others. Just happened to me. May want just a Storm USB cord. Good Luck!
    01-10-09 07:36 PM
    ok sorry about that. i am able to open the device manager. when i go to computer- right click- properties- portable devices- 9530 it says the device is working properly (im not sure if that will help). i've tried using different usb ports, reinstalling the drivers not sure what else i can do. thanks again for the help
    If you are able to go to the properties of the 9530 under device manager then your computer is recognizing and connecting to the storm. Check under My Computer to see if it shows BlackBerry 9530 as one of the drives. If you see this instead of BlackBerry1 and BlackBerry2 then you have Mass Storage Mode off.

01-10-09 08:01 PM
    I had the EXACT SAME problem earlier this week after I did a routine defrag on my pc. I had to download the 4.7 OS from the verizon website and repair the drivers. After that, the DM recognized my storm immediately. Hope this helps.
    01-10-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD