Been tryin for 3 days to backup my storm on my computers.. Seem half way threw it quits and or it disconnects before it even starts. I need alittle help!!: Any ideas out there???
    03-11-09 02:25 PM
    same here...im running .90 OS on my phone.
    i was able to update it last week. this week however u couldnt do it and it stops halfways in the process.
    any ideas why????
    03-11-09 02:32 PM
    Common answer for this is usually to clear your cache, but I did have a corrupt bookmark on my storm that had to be removed the last time to get it to work. It usually stops at some point during the backup, and that should give you some idea as where to begin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 02:34 PM
    I have also had a corrupt?? Email that prevented mine from backing up. Click advanced when you back up your items and pick everything one by one and you will find the culprit.
    Read the help file for the advanced section if you are unsure how to use it.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Emilluminati; 03-11-09 at 02:40 PM.
    03-11-09 02:37 PM
    You need to clear your browsers cache before doing a backup. There seems to be a glitch there.

open up your browser and hit the menu button, then go to "options", then "Cache Operations". Here you need to clear history etc... just clear everything...

Hope that does it!
    03-11-09 03:25 PM
    Been tryin for 3 days to backup my storm on my computers.. Seem half way threw it quits and or it disconnects before it even starts. I need alittle help!!: Any ideas out there???
    1. Connect your BB to your computer via USB
    2. Start Desktop Manager
    3. Click on Backup and Restore
    4. Click on Advanced
    5. In the right side window, scroll down to Browser Data Cache and select it
    6. Click on Clear
    7. Click on Back

Now you can click on Backup and it will work.
    03-11-09 04:46 PM
    I wanted to thank those for the help, it worked thank you again
    03-12-09 06:31 PM
    I was just having the same problem and this thread helped me get it done. Thank you.
    03-12-09 06:49 PM
    Thank you guys. The info in this thread helped me solve a similar problem with my backups.
    03-13-09 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD