When I get an incoming call and remove the phone from my pocket, the screen usually flips to landscape and I am unable to answer the call. The green phone button does nothing. I missed 4 calls today alone. This is the most frustrating phone I have ever used. I want to like it, but at times I want to throw it against a wall.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 10:30 PM
    I have the same problem. I've resorted to shaking it in portrait mode when it comes out of my pocket- like a magic 8 ball- when you dont like what it's doing give it a little shake and you get a different answer
    11-28-08 11:10 PM
    I have the same problem. I've resorted to shaking it in portrait mode when it comes out of my pocket- like a magic 8 ball- when you dont like what it's doing give it a little shake and you get a different answer
    Ha, I will have to try that. This phone should have never been released in this condition. RIM should be embarresed.

11-28-08 11:27 PM
    It happened to me too... I'm getting so frustrated.
    11-28-08 11:30 PM
    It happened to me too... I'm getting so frustrated.
    I guess RIM didn't think answering calls is that important for a phone.

11-28-08 11:34 PM
    Happened today to me also, call from work, could not answer. Very embarrassing and frustrating, I can not afford to miss calls like this and can only blame the phone for so long. I hope the update corrects this and it comes out ASAP!
    11-28-08 11:35 PM
    Yeah, my wife laughed at me today when she was answering calls with her free flip phone and I couldn't with my ultra advanced smartphone.

11-28-08 11:43 PM
    Same here. This is one of the most unforgivable problems with the phone. Did VZW/RIM not test receiving calls [when the phone starts in landscape]???

Update, where are you?
    11-28-08 11:54 PM
    I also have this problem. I've missed so many calls, while the phone is in my hands and I AM trying to answer. The touch screen does not answer the call and the hard green button doesn't answer it either.
    11-29-08 12:01 AM
    I have been having the same problem, if I make the mistake of attempting to use the touchscreen "button" to answer the call it basically means that I will not have a chance of actually answering the call. I end up pushing the physical answer button several times in hopes that it will actually pick up.
    11-29-08 12:05 AM
    Sometimes it let's me answer after pressing the green button 4 or 5 times. I think RIM is using us early adaopters as the beta testers.

11-29-08 12:13 AM
    Join the club. Biggest problem with the Storm. It's very aggravating.

11-29-08 12:44 AM
    its happened to me about 7 times since ive owned the phone... but i realized to avoid this issue I definitely recommend using a bluetooth and the problem should disappear until they fix this issue with a update ..
    (im loving my jawbone 2)
    11-29-08 12:49 AM
    We just got our Storms today and we too are having the same problems!!! We can't answer incoming calls but able to make an outgoing call just fine. RIM needs to fix this ASAP! a phone is not a phone if you can't answer calls!
    11-29-08 02:26 AM
    RIM...you listening? I've dropped more calls since my storms arrival on the 22nd than I have had with any other smartphone or even the soap lol...CB Army...stand up and chime in!!!!!!!!!!!

11-29-08 03:45 AM
    I am 2 for 2 today in missing calls. How is everybody not having this problem?

11-29-08 09:21 AM
    Same problem here. This is absolutely ridiculous. I am taking mine back next week. This problem, coupled with ALL the other serious problems with this phone have made me cut all ties with Verizon (and my three lines and broadband card) and switch carriers.

I think it's humorous how many people are so patient with RIM/VZW with all the serious issues with this phone. Everyone seems to be waiting for this magical software update. Maybe this update will cure the issues, but when is it going to be out? Since when did we all become beta testers for RIM?

I understand that every product like this has *SOME* glitches, but this phone isn't suffering from some minor issues -- it can't even operate as a phone!

RIM/VZW will get the message if enough people return their phones or switch carriers based on their experience with this piece of money shat.....
    11-29-08 10:15 AM
    I am also having this problem, however, I think it will improve with use. When I initally got the phone I struggled with the keyboard. But after use, and realizing that if you don't try to use your left thumb to hit a key on the right side and visa versa, it is no longer an issue. I think with time, people will be able to adapt to the way they pull out the phone to answer it. Eventually it will become habit and muscle memory. Not a long term problem or a deal breaker for the storm
    11-29-08 10:22 AM
    I too. Have been having this problem but noticed that if I don't touch the screen and only press the hard call button I'm able to answer all my call no matter what view its in.

11-29-08 10:26 AM
    Why is landscape even an option when answering calls? You can't really talk on the phone using it landscape mode...seems like an easy fix - RIM should force portrait during phone use - or am I missing something?
    11-29-08 10:56 AM
    I too have this issue. I am also new to BlackBerry having only used windows mobile phones for quite a while. I relly want to like this phone and all the peole I know using BlackBerrys swear by them but so far I am not very impressed. I also am experiencig the corner click issue.
    11-29-08 10:58 AM
    Why is landscape even an option when answering calls? You can't really talk on the phone using it landscape mode...seems like an easy fix - RIM should force portrait during phone use - or am I missing something?
    That's an excellent point. To bad you weren't working on the Storm software for RIM, because this wouldn't be an issue. Instead I'm stuck with perhaps the most unusable smart phone of all time.

11-29-08 02:24 PM
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only person with this problem. I'm really glad most of my contact with other people is through texting!

11-29-08 02:47 PM
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only person with this problem. I'm really glad most of my contact with other people is through texting!

Sounds good. Unfortunately I like to receive calls on my phone.

11-29-08 04:39 PM
    I love missing my calls from my wife whom I had to beg on order to buy this phone 9 months after my last cell phone purchase... Lol

11-29-08 07:29 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD