So as of yesterday my speakerphone icon on my storm disappered on the main screen when I am in a call. It now says "headset" and if i click that it says "handheld" Regardless if I have a headset or not plugged in where it has ALWAYS said Speaker. Does anyone know how to get the speaker part back or why this has happened? I did a soft reset, a hard reset, I've plugged in headsets, I've unplugged them, I tried restoring the software. I need speakerphone!

Thank YOU!
    08-01-09 05:44 PM
    So as of yesterday my speakerphone icon on my storm disappered on the main screen when I am in a call. It now says "headset" and if i click that it says "handheld" Regardless if I have a headset or not plugged in where it has ALWAYS said Speaker. Does anyone know how to get the speaker part back or why this has happened? I did a soft reset, a hard reset, I've plugged in headsets, I've unplugged them, I tried restoring the software. I need speakerphone!

Thank YOU!
    Take a Q Tip. Remove the cotton on one end and put that in there. That should get it out of headset mode.

Somebody used a toothpick yesterday and was successful but I'd try Q Tip.
    08-01-09 05:48 PM
    dude, you're a genius. thank you
    08-01-09 05:54 PM
    If it happens again, try this tip from rec7ify:

Stick a set of headphones in the headphone jack for 3-5 seconds, then go back to the HOME SCREEN and unplug the headphones (dont go ripping the headphones out, as this is what i noticed in my issues causes the phone to become stuck in the first place, like pulling the headphones out in the middle of listing to a song or video).

Usually works for me. This has been an issue with many builds.

You would think resetting the phone would fix this, but it doesn't. Has something to do with the sound device software not recognizing there is no longer a set of headphones in place...
    08-01-09 07:23 PM
    I have tried a q tip and yes the headset icon disappears, but I still do not have any audio sound. When I go to voice mail I click on speakerphone and it mutes my phone.......,Any suggestions......Plugging and unplugging a headset does not work...Been there done that soooooo many times
    09-03-09 08:36 PM
    Wow a q tip can fix your blackberry issues lol sounds funny but i'll keep a note on this just incase i encounter this issue but thanks for the info guys.
    09-03-09 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD