I recently had to reformat my computer which obviously included re-installing BB DM 4.7. Ever since I have done that, I have not been able to access my BB Storm (.113) as a drive in WinXP. Previously when I would plug in my phone, I would get the two standard "chimes" (one for the BB on-board memory, one for the SD card) indicating a new drive is present, and from My Computer I could browse/copy, etc. these "drives."

However, now when I plug in my USB, I still get the 2 chimes, but I can't access anything. The strange thing is that DM still recognizes the phone when it's plugged in. It identifies the PIN, it syncs all my contacts, calendar, etc. without problem. However becasue the phone is not recognized as a drive, I can't sync my itunes with it using MediaSync. Nor can I pull off pictures off my phone (without removing the SD card and using an adapter).

Now initially I just figured the drives were trying to map to a letter that was already in use. So I went to "Manage" in "My Computer." In the disk management dialog, two new drives show up as "online" and "removable". They even show as the proper sizes (7.40 GB and 879 MB). When I right click them and choose properties, it identifies them as RIM Blackberry and states "this device is working properly." So obviously the computer knows they are there and can even recognize them. Here's the weird part: When I choose to "Change Drive Letter and Path" and try to assign a new letter (N, for example), I get the following message:

"The operation did not complete because the partition or volume is not enabled. To enable the partition or volume, restart the computer."

Well, I have restarted countless times and the error repeats itself.

I'm kinda at my wits end on what to do to access my drive. Oh, and the phone is set to recognize it as a mass media drive when connected.
    04-13-09 02:58 PM
    You have a problem with your storm. Bb message me. It will be to hard to help u on here. My pin is 30512353. I bet I can solve your problem. The sooner you message me, the sooner we can solve it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 03:20 PM
    SOLVED:

For anyone that might be having this same problem, the issue stems from having Acronis 2009 (Dsk Imaging and Recovery software) installed. Apparently the build that I had of the program prevented any new devices being accessible in Windows. I uninstalled Acronis and now my BB connects perfectly and can be accessed as a drive.
    04-19-09 01:37 PM
    Thanks for sharing your solution, I was wondering why neverhavemoney wanted to take it private.
    04-19-09 02:44 PM
    of note: it didnt used to be this way for me, but the phone will not show its drives for me if the phone is locked. it will charge the phone, but until i plug it in with the phone unlocked initially, windows will not see the phone memory or the card. Not sure if this is normal, but it was a change for me from the original behavior of the phone.
    04-19-09 02:49 PM
    SOLVED:

For anyone that might be having this same problem, the issue stems from having Acronis 2009 (Dsk Imaging and Recovery software) installed. Apparently the build that I had of the program prevented any new devices being accessible in Windows. I uninstalled Acronis and now my BB connects perfectly and can be accessed as a drive.
    I am having a similar problem....

I dont know why this is happening all of a sudden it was working fine this morning...

ok so i normally just hook up my BB to my mini-usb cable to my computer, i would get a pop up saying how i wanted to open this file (like auto-play) and i would choose to explore files, from there i could navigate to my pictures, music, videos etc, and drag and drop files appropriately...

well now it does not do the pop up anymore when i connect the phone, but it DOES show an E drive and an F drive like it did before....

when i connect the phone before, I would access the F drive that popped up when the phone connected to access my files, but now when i try, it just says to insert a disc....

whats wrong?!
    07-09-09 03:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD