I just received my BB Storm from Vodafone. Had problems installing the software from the DVD, but managed to do it online. Could not synchronize me contacts, but used the import from previous device option, so that was OK. But, now I cannot synchronize my organiser data with my PC (Vista). Is ther an easy answer?
    12-02-08 12:03 PM
    You don't really say what it is exactly the problem you are having is. All I can gather from what you said is that there is a problem. What exactly is that problem? Do you have Desktop Manager installed? What are you attempting to sync with? are there any errors?
    12-02-08 12:11 PM
    If you have installed Desktop Manager (DM) and are trying to Sync with MS Outlook you need to go through the configuration steps first. When you click on Sync in DM the Sync screen comes up. the configuration lst is on the upper left. Do this process to tell DM what to sync and how to handle conflicts, etc.

Works great for me - used this same proces with my Pearl for a year already. Just had to configure DM to sync with the STORM and all my appointments, and contacts from Outlook were synced!
    12-02-08 12:54 PM
    Not sure exactly what error you are getting but I turner off syncing for contact pictures and I finally got my sync to work. I went thru a lot of frustration getting here but it did finally work.

You can do this by going into DM > hit synchronize > configure > choose address book by highlighting it and then hit advanced > map fields > scroll down and click the middle where there are two arrows (basically choosing not to sync that).

Run the sync again. Should work. Good luck!
    12-02-08 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD