I cannot download the OTA Upgrade for my BB Because it says i need more Free space in my memory. But even after i do a battery pull i only have 11.1 MB of application space available. My device memory is 879.2 MB and i have 870.3 MB Free.
    07-10-09 12:52 PM
    I cannot download the OTA Upgrade for my BB Because it says i need more Free space in my memory. But even after i do a battery pull i only have 11.1 MB of application space available. My device memory is 879.2 MB and i have 870.3 MB Free.
    If i were you I will use the dm instead. look at my sig
    07-10-09 12:54 PM
    I would definitely download the OS to your PC and install it with the Loader.exe (c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe). Detailed instructions for that are in the link that was posted above.

Having only 11 meg free after a battery pull is not good. I would also try 2 or 3 more pulls and see if that memory goes up. Do actual battery pulls, not quickpull or softreset.

Do you have a crazy amount of apps installed?
    07-10-09 01:07 PM
    Do you have any pictures and songs stored on your storm?
    07-10-09 01:14 PM
    I've had that happen to me before. Have you tried clearing your cache? That did the job for me.
    07-10-09 02:18 PM
    11 MBs after battery pull? Do you people just install all the free crap you can on your phones??
    07-10-09 02:21 PM
    11 MBs after battery pull? Do you people just install all the free crap you can on your phones??

OUCH ! Not all of us are experts.....be gentle.
    07-10-09 03:51 PM
    So true. There's nothing wrong with trying out the free apps you come across, but If they're not beneficial, delete them. There is no reason you should get down to 11 megs free.
    07-10-09 04:28 PM
    Im just lost on why the op is just now doing the upgrade.
    Last edited by jordanbyrnesbbstorm; 07-10-09 at 06:10 PM. Reason: just noticed hes a newbi
    07-10-09 06:09 PM
    First make sure that you do not have a bunch of apps running by holding down the menu button. There are about 5 apps that will always be running. Home, Browser, Phone, and any msg apps that you have opened. Any thing else should be closed. If you have closed all of your apps and you still do not have enough free space go to your Browser icon then click on your menu button and choose options. Then go to Cache ops and clear your history, cookies, and cache. You may need to pull the battery after that. Your device holds all of this stuff just like a pc will and it uses some of your memory to do it.
    07-10-09 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD