I've searched high and low for people posting about a similar experience, but after trying several different suggested methods, nothing seems to work.

First off, I have a Napter-to-Go membership that I use exclusively on my Storm.

This type of setup requires that I plug my Storm in and sync it to Napster every month or so in order to validate the DRM on each song. I noticed about a month ago that even after plugging my phone in and syncing that some files were not being validated (they won't play at all).

I was told that my best bet would be to reformat the card (specifically remove the music file) and start fresh.

Unfortunately I've attempted doing this on several levels, including:

- Manually deleting every song via Napster (didn't work)

- Accessing JUST the memory card and attempting to delete the music folder AND after that failed (told me something about write protection) I attempted to reformat the entire card, which also failed.

- Using Blackberry Desktop Manager and attempting to delete said music via the Roxio program, which only froze after I attempted to access a listing of my music.

I'm really starting to lose my mind over this and my patience. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it!

Sidenote: I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate (not sure if that matters)
    03-12-10 11:27 AM
    How very odd! When you tried reformatting the entire card, did you do this through Security Wipe? That should just wipe everything (Options/Security/Security Wipe). You might also try putting the card in a card reader attached to your computer and reformatting it that way.
    03-12-10 11:30 AM
    How very odd! When you tried reformatting the entire card, did you do this through Security Wipe? That should just wipe everything (Options/Security/Security Wipe). You might also try putting the card in a card reader attached to your computer and reformatting it that way.
    Actually that's what I did. I used a memory card adapter via my PC in order to access the individual files. But again, it would freeze "My Computer" as I started to investigate.

I'm also experiencing program freeze using Media Manager via the Desktop Manger...
    03-12-10 11:31 AM
    I'm pretty sure I've never had so many issues with a phone as I have with the Storm.

For some strange reason, I didn't have Mass Storage enabled on the phone. So I went to enable it, and when I went back to plug my phone into its USB cord, my PC no longer recognizes my Storm. I've never had this issue before, and I'm not sure what the cause maybe. All I know is this is getting extremely frustrating...
    03-12-10 11:47 AM
    Are your PC USB drivers up to date? I don't remember where but at some point here there was something about BlackBerry offering a patch to get the phone to work with USB.
    Last edited by cdowner; 03-12-10 at 01:01 PM.
    03-12-10 12:26 PM
    Ok...here's what I would do...and I know this sounds painful, but I've had reasonably decent experiences with this: Here we go....call VZW tech support. I know, I know....painful, but they may be able to walk you through it (and, if they can't, you can always ask them to bump it up to a higher level person or transfer you directly over to RIM tech support). Hey, don't shoot the messenger!
    03-12-10 01:48 PM
    Alright first off thanks for the suggestions.

Secondly I have no idea wha I did differently but after syncing my phone to desktop manager and the media manager I was able to wipe and reinstall my music...and thankfully it worked. Thanks again everyone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-10 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD