Like we all know the phone comes with the password feature [storm], but I wanted to know if I'm able to put a password onto the memory card itsself...
    08-04-09 03:50 PM
    That is a great question... sits and waits for an answer
    08-04-09 03:58 PM
    Options memory encryption mode
    You should be able to set it to device password this should be what your looking for

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 03:59 PM
    and you do this from when the memory card is plugged into the computer?
    08-04-09 04:01 PM
    No when the memory card is in the phone

08-04-09 04:02 PM
    okay cool. One more question [beg my pardon]

When you plug it up to the computer again, it will still ask for the password you set for the card?
    08-04-09 04:05 PM
    okay cool. One more question [beg my pardon]

When you plug it up to the computer again, it will still ask for the password you set for the card?
    Try it, and let us know!
    08-04-09 04:17 PM
    It works!

Plugged it into the computer and it asked for a password in order to look at the file!

Wonderful. Now I can store family photos on my card and not worry about them being stolen
    08-04-09 04:22 PM
    I have try this but on my curve 8330 and Tour 9630. But have swap cards and tells me some file are encrypt and won't show but I still see my pictures. Anyone?

08-04-09 04:41 PM
    You had it set for security AND device?

08-04-09 04:45 PM
    Now question.. I did this, but when I plugged the card up to the computer, it didnt ask for a passwords. I dont want it to ask me for a password on the PHONE since I have patternlock
    08-05-09 03:40 PM
    Now question.. I did this, but when I plugged the card up to the computer, it didnt ask for a passwords. I dont want it to ask me for a password on the PHONE since I have patternlock
    The way encryption works is quite simple. When active as device and password, the memory card can only be read on the phone and when connected to a computer, a password must be entered.

If you have it set to password only, the contents of the card can be accessed on a computer or a different device, as long as the password is entered.

When set to device only (no password), then the card can only be accessed on the phone itself.

When you plug your phone into the computer, a prompt pops up asking for you password (on the phone). If you don't enter the password, you will not be able to access the contents of the memory card (if encryption is set to password).

That is my understanding of encryption with regards to your memory card. If anyone needs to correct me, please jump in.

I hope that helped...
    08-05-09 03:48 PM
    The way encryption works is quite simple. When active as device and password, the memory card can only be read on the phone and when connected to a computer, a password must be entered.

If you have it set to password only, the contents of the card can be accessed on a computer or a different device, as long as the password is entered.

When set to device only (no password), then the card can only be accessed on the phone itself.

When you plug your phone into the computer, a prompt pops up asking for you password (on the phone). If you don't enter the password, you will not be able to access the contents of the memory card (if encryption is set to password).

That is my understanding of encryption with regards to your memory card. If anyone needs to correct me, please jump in.

I hope that helped...
    Okay now one more question [sorry]

I dont want to continuously put in a passcode everytime my phoens screen turns off..then go threough patternlock. However, I want it to be so the only way you can look at the photos via the computer is by having the password.

What settings should I do for this?
    08-05-09 03:54 PM
    Options memory encryption mode
    You should be able to set it to device password this should be what your looking for

Thanks. That's exactly what I'm looking for.
    08-05-09 05:52 PM
    Thanks I never knew this.

08-05-09 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD