I posted a similar question in the Random Storm questions thread. I tried this but I'm still getting sound on my email alerts. I set the custom to silent, no vibrate, just LED and just now got a few emails and had sound, no vibrate, no LED. I'm at a loss.
    I finally figured it out. I had the email settings set it to silent but then I would set my profile to LOUD which apparently doesn't take into account any "custom" settings. It would only be silent if I sent it to NORMAL profile. For me, normal isn't loud enough so I created a custom profile (called it Custom Loud) and made everything loud and the emails LED only. Now it works, I get vibrate, sound, LED on calls and sms, and LED only on email. Hope that makes sense and helps.
    07-17-09 12:29 PM
    I finally figured it out. I had the email settings set it to silent but then I would set my profile to LOUD which apparently doesn't take into account any "custom" settings. It would only be silent if I sent it to NORMAL profile. For me, normal isn't loud enough so I created a custom profile (called it Custom Loud) and made everything loud and the emails LED only. Now it works, I get vibrate, sound, LED on calls and sms, and LED only on email. Hope that makes sense and helps.
    That is correct. Each default sound profile will change everything, even if you customize it, and then select it again, it won't save your changes. The default sound profiles including : Normal, Loud, Medium, vibrate, silent, phone calls only, and all alerts off. Are factory presets, I don't think you can save over them. Start with one of them, customize it, and save it as a custom profile.
    07-17-09 01:08 PM
    That is correct. Each default sound profile will change everything, even if you customize it, and then select it again, it won't save your changes. The default sound profiles including : Normal, Loud, Medium, vibrate, silent, phone calls only, and all alerts off. Are factory presets, I don't think you can save over them. Start with one of them, customize it, and save it as a custom profile.
    This makes me think why even have the options to change them show up anywhere other than under custom profiles if its not gonna stick??

Oh well, just a minor complaint I can live with!
    07-17-09 01:19 PM
    I am having the same problem. I silenced, mms, sms, email, level 1(whatever that is), and pin in the menu mentioned above. When I get an email through my yahoo synced email, I also get a dupe message in the "Message" folder, which makes a sound. Is there a way not to get a dupe message in that folder or a way to silence it? I only want calls and text alerts when sleeping. I don't want to notified when I receive spam email late at night.
    yes i am having the same problem, that's why i am up at 3 in the morning lol

thanks guys got it to work
    Last edited by ncf632; 07-19-09 at 06:17 AM.
    07-19-09 02:46 AM
    click on SOUNDS, scroll down to ALL ALERTS OFF, set that as the option. no alerts sounds.
    09-01-09 12:21 PM
    I apologize. Select sounds phonecalls only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 02:36 PM
    I know in the options/settings you can change the sound for different alerts (SMS messages, AIM, Emails, Blackberry Messanger, etc) but is there a way to just make it so there is NO sound at all?

I scrolled through the list of options but didin't see a "NONE" or any kind of similar choice.

When in a AIM convo or Blackberry Messenger conversation its annoying to have to hear it every single time. I know the messages are coming for crying out loud!

I'd just like to keep the sounds on my SMS and Emails.
    ya for volume level scroll down and silent is an option just select silent as the volume for whatever you want muted under sound profiles
    09-01-09 03:47 PM
    I've been sitting here trying to figure this out this morning...is it me or is this the most idiotic way to have to set sound ever?

Sometimes I need to turn my phone up...so if I choose normal I'm good but if I'm in a noisy area and set it to med or loud all alerts will start sounding even though I have things like face book silenced in my profile and not in my profile? That is the stupidest thing ever.

It should not take me 10 minutes to set the volume up and down and retain my settings on alerts.

I love this blackberry for the most part but things like this just make me want to find something that has been created by people with brains....volume should be a simple function.
    10-04-09 12:15 PM
    When you click on the "Sounds" icon and go to the section where you select your ringtone and change your tones for SMS, EMAIL, INSTANT MESSAGING, ETC there is NO option to mute or silence specific message alerts.

That is why I'm trying to say. If you are seeing that option please inform me because I'm either slightly ******** or partially blind.
    Go to volume...

"SILENT
    10"
    10-04-09 12:24 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD