I know in the options/settings you can change the sound for different alerts (SMS messages, AIM, Emails, Blackberry Messanger, etc) but is there a way to just make it so there is NO sound at all?

I scrolled through the list of options but didin't see a "NONE" or any kind of similar choice.

When in a AIM convo or Blackberry Messenger conversation its annoying to have to hear it every single time. I know the messages are coming for crying out loud!

I'd just like to keep the sounds on my SMS and Emails.
    11-22-08 05:56 PM
    Is there a mute setting?
    11-22-08 06:01 PM
    Where would one find this setting if it existed? I didn't see anything through the options.
    11-22-08 06:02 PM
    just do a custom profile .
    11-22-08 06:03 PM
    Shouldn't have to do that just to disable a sound. One would assume there has to be an option or way I'm overlooking.
    11-22-08 06:08 PM
    11-22-08 06:17 PM
    Thanks for that link but I don't see the options to do what it says to do in order to "silence the notifications". Those selections do not appear on the storm.

Any other Storm users have any experience with this?

I don't want to put my whole phone on silent, just in the settings for those particular notifications turn them off.
    11-22-08 06:21 PM
    Then it sounds like you are not looking in the correct area of the phone. That link is from the 9530 user manual.
    11-22-08 06:23 PM
    I'm definitely in the "sounds" settings just like it says. I've used blackberry for years and am quite sure I'm in the correct menu.
    11-22-08 06:24 PM
    Marcus,

Are you using a Storm? Because there is no "Profiles-Advanced-Edit" on the Storm.
    11-22-08 06:26 PM
    under the tone choice open up the volume and select mute
    11-22-08 06:44 PM
    yeah, open a message folder (SMS, Email, whatever) hit the BBMenu button, click "message alerts". from there just select the message type to customize. in the volume section select silent.
    Hope this helps
    11-22-08 06:50 PM
    I am having the same problem. I silenced, mms, sms, email, level 1(whatever that is), and pin in the menu mentioned above. When I get an email through my yahoo synced email, I also get a dupe message in the "Message" folder, which makes a sound. Is there a way not to get a dupe message in that folder or a way to silence it? I only want calls and text alerts when sleeping. I don't want to notified when I receive spam email late at night.
    11-22-08 07:56 PM
    Marcus,

Are you using a Storm? Because there is no "Profiles-Advanced-Edit" on the Storm.
    Click on your profiles button. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see the area that allows you to change and manage tones for SMS, MMS, e-mail, etc....
    11-22-08 08:00 PM
    Click on your profiles button. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see the area that allows you to change and manage tones for SMS, MMS, e-mail, etc....
    When you click on the "Sounds" icon and go to the section where you select your ringtone and change your tones for SMS, EMAIL, INSTANT MESSAGING, ETC there is NO option to mute or silence specific message alerts.

That is why I'm trying to say. If you are seeing that option please inform me because I'm either slightly ******** or partially blind.
    11-22-08 08:02 PM
    Well I have found the "silent" option listed there under volume now.

I swear that was NOT there this whole time. That was the first place I looked (which I double checked a few times) and the lowest I had listed was "1".

Very odd!
    11-22-08 08:05 PM
    I am also having the same problem. Even if you put it on silent, when you put the phone on vibrate it vibrates for every msg. I can't figure out how to turn off the alert altogether. It seems like there isn't one.
    11-24-08 10:25 AM
    I am having the same problem. There is on option to disable alerts unless I silent all alerts. I don't want to do has anyone found a fix?
    t
    05-27-09 06:44 AM
    I am having the same problem. There is on option to disable alerts unless I silent all alerts. I don't want to do has anyone found a fix?
    t
    Yes there is. Click on the Sounds icon... scroll down the sounds menu and click on Set Ring Tones/Alerts. Pick which sound you want to silence (SMS, Mail, etc.), and "Silent" will be an option under that message's volume settings. If you change it to silent this way, you are only changing the Normal sound profile. If you want a message notification to always be silent, no matter what sound profile you have the phone set to, you may have to create a custom sound profile of your own.
    05-27-09 07:34 AM
    Go to Custom Profiles, then go to add custom profile, then click messages. After that the email accounts you have linked to you blackberry will show up. Click on it and turn the volume to silent and the vibrate off.
    06-18-09 12:14 AM
    Go to Custom Profiles, then go to add custom profile, then click messages. After that the email accounts you have linked to you blackberry will show up. Click on it and turn the volume to silent and the vibrate off.
    I posted a similar question in the Random Storm questions thread. I tried this but I'm still getting sound on my email alerts. I set the custom to silent, no vibrate, just LED and just now got a few emails and had sound, no vibrate, no LED. I'm at a loss.
    06-30-09 07:46 AM
    Phone Calls Only?
    06-30-09 08:13 AM
    The custom profile never works whenever I tried to set it up.
    06-30-09 11:30 AM
    I have a Blackberry Storm 9530 and I am having the exact same problem. Even though the settings are clearly set to silent, the notification still stays on, and it is annoying each time an email arrives.

Any solution specifically for the Storm?
    07-16-09 09:43 AM
    Setting it to "Phone Calls Only" does not allow for SMS and MMS Alerts, which I want to receive, just no email alerts.
    07-16-09 09:51 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD