Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    ACOLADA
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can Vodafone UK block the unlocked Storms?

hi people, bad news i'm afraid

i spoke to someone who had the Vodafone Customer Service on the phone and they said when they will realize that some phones have been unlocked and not used on their network they will remotely block them...
    Is that possible? Can someone give me more info about that, i do hope it's just to scare us...
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    20C86EE5

It is possible for the carriers to blacklist the IMEI number, but I doubt a provider would block it because you unlocked -your- device... you can use their sim card in another phone if you want to and they shouldnt complain...
    [insert funky sig pic here]

How to search forums.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    PM me :)

Nobody at Blackberry or Vodafone has time to monitor which Blackberries have been unlocked. As long as you're still paying them the monthly fee you signed up for nobody cares what you do with your phone.

Technically, if they block the PIN of a device, it loses data service (email, push services, web etc.) and becomes a regular phone or they can disable the device associated with the phone number and the phone will be useless. They block the PIN on the devices that were leaked before launch through improper channels.
    Last edited by karledice; 11-27-2008 at 08:17 AM.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rokoner View Post
    hi people, bad news i'm afraid

i spoke to someone who had the Vodafone Customer Service on the phone and they said when they will realize that some phones have been unlocked and not used on their network they will remotely block them...
    Is that possible? Can someone give me more info about that, i do hope it's just to scare us...
    Why are people telling Vodafone they are unlocking their phones in the first place. As CX said yesterday europen Storms have to be unlocked by Law so you could easily have one of those & they can't bar that.

I also asked this question before but they are not going to trace every single device, they aren't on top of their own orders & upgrades with people spending up to 5hrs waiting for customer services on the phone so i can't see them spending time searching every device.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    ACOLADA
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

we'll see how it goes
    but like you guys said i don't think they would have the time to check every storm to see if it's unlocked or not.
    CrackBerry User

i woundnt worry about it, dont think they will bother checking who is and who isn't..

enjoy

Ian
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    ACOLADA
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

yeah that's true ian, good point
    CrackBerry User

Apple used exactly the same scare tactic when the iPhone was first unlocked/jailbroken. Everyone was concerned that they would be tracked down and their phones bricked but more than 12 months on, people are still using various methods to unlock and jailbreak their beloved apple things.

I suppose BB have to put some sort of rumour out there to try and stop people doing it but do you really thing it will work..........
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    ACOLADA
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

yeah i remember when they did the exact same thing with the iphone, but yeah like you said i don't think it would work