is there a 24/7 customer service ?
    11-23-08 03:25 AM
    Even if you could get someone they probably wouldn't be able to help much. Especially because if it's not a WFG it'll probably have to go through tech, and I'm almost positive they aren't 24/7
    11-23-08 03:28 AM
    I called early cause i have the same problem as you. she said that they could ship it 2day fedex but its a refurbish phone. she also said if any corp. store has storm they could exchange it for you. i'm going to verizon tomorrow and raise ****. The store were i got it from said there going to get it in 2 weeks when i called them.
    11-23-08 03:30 AM
    sorry but .. WFG ?
    11-23-08 03:30 AM
    Worry Free Guarantee. 30 days to make 1 exchange for a brand new device (even if it's the same model).
    11-23-08 03:32 AM
    hmm i just want them to get my **** fixed..
    11-23-08 03:33 AM
    I called customer service and they could give a replacement BUT it's a refurbish phone and you don't want that.
    What's wrong with refurbished items? A lot of the crap that I own was used/certified/"pre-owned"/whatever bought from eBay and the like, and I've never had any issues. Saved thousands that way.

Interestingly enough, the only time I've had an issue with any type of electronics is when the backlighting on my HVAC controls on my brand-new car went out after a few months, or when some brand-new hard drives failed after a couple months. Besides, the "refurbished" replacements for Storms at this point (assuming if they're even available) are probably either brand new Storms that they set aside for the first wave of issues, or customer returns. If the latter, you can guarantee that they were inspected and certified as functioning 100%.

sooks, give them a call tomorrow morning. If you're lucky, they'll have warranty replacement phones they can ship out. If not, you can state your case and they would probably be willing to send you a loaner phone until they could send you a Storm. The click issue sounds hardware-related (look at the pictures of the Storm internals that were posted on the main page of CB...it's a single mechanical button smack dab in the center), meaning that they can't "fix" your Storm, they will have to swap it out.
    11-23-08 03:44 AM
    yah thats what i figure .. thanks for the heads up
    11-23-08 03:48 AM
    What's wrong with refurbished items? A lot of the crap that I own was used/certified/"pre-owned"/whatever bought from eBay and the like, and I've never had any issues. Saved thousands that way.

Interestingly enough, the only time I've had an issue with any type of electronics is when the backlighting on my HVAC controls on my brand-new car went out after a few months, or when some brand-new hard drives failed after a couple months. Besides, the "refurbished" replacements for Storms at this point (assuming if they're even available) are probably either brand new Storms that they set aside for the first wave of issues, or customer returns. If the latter, you can guarantee that they were inspected and certified as functioning 100%.

sooks, give them a call tomorrow morning. If you're lucky, they'll have warranty replacement phones they can ship out. If not, you can state your case and they would probably be willing to send you a loaner phone until they could send you a Storm. The click issue sounds hardware-related (look at the pictures of the Storm internals that were posted on the main page of CB...it's a single mechanical button smack dab in the center), meaning that they can't "fix" your Storm, they will have to swap it out.
    I spend that much money for a phone why get a refurb back? if you could get a new one. Even the Customer Service person told me i should go back to the verzion store and get a new one instead of getting a refurb one. Don't you think if this happen to a new storm it will happen to a refurb one
    11-23-08 03:56 AM
    well everything has been fine with mines only problems are that the browser is little bit slow sometimes and it even makes the phone freeze up and also flipping the phone to use the keyboards it sometimes doesnt switch at all and have to wait a while but other than that im still learning new things about the phone and its pretty cool. Hopefully they come up with upgrades for all these problems and fix them all then its really going to give the new iphone some fierce competition. Lets just see what happens.
    11-23-08 03:56 AM
    lucky you .....
    11-23-08 04:00 AM
    I spend that much money for a phone why get a refurb back? if you could get a new one. Even the Customer Service person told me i should go back to the verzion store and get a new one instead of getting a refurb one. Don't you think if this happen to a new storm it will happen to a refurb one
    It's not like a "refurb" is tainted HIV/AIDS or some sort of disease you'll catch. It contains the same components that are mass-produced at the plastic and electronics factories. The only difference is that someone played it with before. Usually for factory refurbs, they'll swap out the outside casing for a brand new set. They make sure it's working like a brand new phone - refurbs probably go through more quality control than new units do! Besides, with Verizon, the full original warranty period transfers over to any warranty replacement units so in the off-chance that it does fail, which it normally shouldn't because it's fully inspected (unless it's just crappily built to begin with, like most things made in China), you can have it swapped out.

And yes, if it can happen with a new Storm, it can happen with a refurb one. But as you stated, it can happen with a new one too. They both stand the same chance of having the same issue. So I'm not really sure what you were meaning to say with that statement.

Think about it logically. Google "refurbished vs new" for some insight.
    11-23-08 04:32 AM
    I guess this is payback for all the times you've gone to the threads of people who don't like the storm and told 'em to be quiet about it. Now you're sharing their pain.
    -Rik

"Another thread like this ... seriously just post it in the 390000000 other threads like this ..." time to take your own advice?
    Last edited by Rikter; 11-23-08 at 04:37 AM.
    11-23-08 04:33 AM
    I never said i dont like my storm.. infact i love it even with this malfunction.. it is but a bumb in the road... im over it .... i love the storm.... soo no payback here sorry.
    11-23-08 04:37 AM
    I called customer service and they could give a replacement BUT it's a refurbish phone and you don't want that.
    they already have refurbs?
    11-23-08 06:07 AM
    ^^^^ yup, most likely people who tried it for one day, gave up and turned it back in.
    11-23-08 06:15 AM
    i called verizon and said my lower half of the screen stoped clicking and therfor making my storm unuseable i need it for work ASAP and they said sorry to hear that the closest date they can send one out is the 15th ish but the new customers will take priority. this is bull ****.
    That sucks so much. I can honestly say that I've never had a "bad" experience with Verizon in the 10 years I've been with them. One month my bill was ridiculous, but it turned out someone else on my plan was making calls to Ireland -- they still comp'd half of it for me.

I'm playing the waiting game currently. I couldn't make it to the store at 6:30 in the morning. lol. I drove by because I work in the same area, and there were about 20 people waiting outside at 6:45'ish. Hope you get your phone soon!
    11-23-08 07:21 AM
    ^^^ thanks ! and hope you get yours soon too !
    11-23-08 07:25 AM
    It's not like a "refurb" is tainted HIV/AIDS or some sort of disease you'll catch. It contains the same components that are mass-produced at the plastic and electronics factories. The only difference is that someone played it with before. Usually for factory refurbs, they'll swap out the outside casing for a brand new set. They make sure it's working like a brand new phone - refurbs probably go through more quality control than new units do! Besides, with Verizon, the full original warranty period transfers over to any warranty replacement units so in the off-chance that it does fail, which it normally shouldn't because it's fully inspected (unless it's just crappily built to begin with, like most things made in China), you can have it swapped out.

And yes, if it can happen with a new Storm, it can happen with a refurb one. But as you stated, it can happen with a new one too. They both stand the same chance of having the same issue. So I'm not really sure what you were meaning to say with that statement.

Think about it logically. Google "refurbished vs new" for some insight.
    Why get a refurb if you get a new one? He paid full price for the phone not a refurb price. why do you think refurb items are cheaper? All i'm saying is if you could get a new one why not you just have to wait little longer and you paid a for a brand new phone not a refurb. You don't know what kind of refurb phone there going to give you they might give you a phone that has the same problem and they just fixit. At least when you get a new phone you have a pace of mind that its brand new.
    11-23-08 11:12 AM
    What difference does it make if it's new or refurbished at this point?
    The phone is only 3 days old.

Obviously the new ones can have issues too, the refurbished ones could have had some of those issues fixed.
    11-23-08 11:20 AM
    sooks...

Did you put a screen protector like IS on it? Or did it simply stop working for no obvious reason?
    11-23-08 11:25 AM
    What difference does it make if it's new or refurbished at this point?
    The phone is only 3 days old.

Obviously the new ones can have issues too, the refurbished ones could have had some of those issues fixed.
    Which one would you buy a brand NEW storm or a refurbished storm and both of them are the same price?

New>Refurbished

Would you buy a refurbished car if you could buy a brand new one for the same price?

plus if it happens again with the new phone you could go under the lemon law if the same problems happens 3 tims
    Last edited by EnVme; 11-23-08 at 11:37 AM.
    11-23-08 11:32 AM
    Which one would you buy a brand NEW storm or a refurbished storm and both of them are the same price?

New>Refurbished

Would you buy a refurbished car if you could buy a brand new one for the same price?

plus if it happens again with the new phone you could go under the lemon law if the same problems happens 3 tims
    You have your opinion, I have mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 11:44 AM
    Pull the battery!
    11-23-08 12:38 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD