Dunno about battery %, but you can change the signal strength from bars to a numerical (dB) value. Hold the phone in landscape mode, turn on the keyboard, num-lock and type the following: !,""

(exclamation point, comma, double quote, double quote)

Probably not coincidental, !,"" in num-lock mode are the same keys as NMLL in the keyboard mode. I obv. tried the corresponding NMSL in num-lock (which is !,4")...no dice.

Great find, I'm always amazed at stuff you can find if you read the owners manual... but what fun would that be?
    02-07-09 10:31 AM
    Great find, I'm always amazed at stuff you can find if you read the owners manual... but what fun would that be?
    That's not in the owners manual anywhere. I posted it a few days ago, but others may have posted it before myself. I learned that when I worked for RIM 2 yrs ago, and it's good to see that key combo is still working in the newer OS's.
    02-07-09 12:28 PM
    THE MOST ACCURATE solution is to download the free app StormStat. It shows it in the actual %, and not the nearest 5%
    02-07-09 12:51 PM
    Dunno about battery %, but you can change the signal strength from bars to a numerical (dB) value. Hold the phone in landscape mode, turn on the keyboard, num-lock and type the following: !,""

(exclamation point, comma, double quote, double quote)

Probably not coincidental, !,"" in num-lock mode are the same keys as NMLL in the keyboard mode. I obv. tried the corresponding NMSL in num-lock (which is !,4")...no dice.
    that has been out since the release
    02-07-09 01:03 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD