So I have an unlocked 9530 that I use with tmobile. When I do a battery pull
    Or my quick pull. When the storm turns reboots it will say, "media card inserted".
    when I press the back key or end key it will go back the verizon wireless screen and won't let me do anything. Then I need to do a battery pull
    And then when it reboots it will either be fine or it will do the media card message. Anyone know how to get around this?
    Like when the media card message comes up, do I need to press something?
    Thanks to all who respond.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 12:46 PM
    This is the VZW splash screen or the Verizon Screen of Death. Dun dun dun. This happened on a lot of the older OS, but I haven't heard of it happening on any of the newer ones. Which OS are you running?
    05-31-09 12:57 PM
    Running the .148/5.0 hybrid with .90 radio

05-31-09 01:09 PM
    I'm not sure then. Hmmm. Try searching for "verizon screen of death fixes" or "vzod solutions" or "splash screen help" or something along those lines. I remember back in December there were dozens of threads started regarding this issue.
    05-31-09 01:16 PM
    So I have an unlocked 9530 that I use with tmobile. When I do a battery pull
    Or my quick pull. When the storm turns reboots it will say, "media card inserted".
    when I press the back key or end key it will go back the verizon wireless screen and won't let me do anything. Then I need to do a battery pull
    And then when it reboots it will either be fine or it will do the media card message. Anyone know how to get around this?
    Like when the media card message comes up, do I need to press something?
    Thanks to all who respond.

Have you tried just leaving the phone alone until it gets through the security validation?
    IOW.... Don't push the back key.

05-31-09 01:20 PM
    Have you tried just leaving the phone alone until it gets through the security validation?
    IOW.... Don't push the back key.

+1 on that. I see the same screens when my phone is rebooted, but let proceed and see if the security validation occurs. If so, you will be ok. If it stays on the Verizon screen, then do the search for the Verizon screen of Death and you will find a couple of possible solutions.
    05-31-09 01:33 PM
    +1 on that. I see the same screens when my phone is rebooted, but let proceed and see if the security validation occurs. If so, you will be ok. If it stays on the Verizon screen, then do the search for the Verizon screen of Death and you will find a couple of possible solutions.
    Mine does it too. My thought is that the phone is telling you that it recognizes that there is a media card installed. Also if you press the back key before the security validation you're not allowing the OS to completely boot up.

05-31-09 01:39 PM
    Its the radio ur using. .90 is known for the VSOD bug which is p o o p. Also, it gets progressively worse (found this out through personal experience). But if u take the mem stick out before it boots it'll get rid of the media card inserted pop up then when its done u can pop it back in. . Hope that helps ^.^
    05-31-09 02:05 PM
    What os are u all running? And are u using tmo network? Thanks for the feedback.

05-31-09 03:21 PM
    I'm running the leaked .148 from don. I'm on tmo too.

05-31-09 04:06 PM
    Its the radio ur using. .90 is known for the VSOD bug which is p o o p. Also, it gets progressively worse (found this out through personal experience). But if u take the mem stick out before it boots it'll get rid of the media card inserted pop up then when its done u can pop it back in. . Hope that helps ^.^
    It is the radio but it doesn't get worse, I've noticed that each time I install a new OS with the .90 radio code, the amount of vsod decreases each day until its non-existant, and as far as the media card deal, the message still popped up sometimes even when I took it out, if you have your current wallpaper stored on the card just move it to device memory-that helped me. Otherwise the .90 radio code is the only one that holds EDGE-even with data intensive apps-so if that's what you want, you'll have to put up with vsod at times

Last edited by jcorv58; 05-31-09 at 04:25 PM.
    05-31-09 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD