I have a Storm 9530 and a 2009 Acura TL with HandsFree Link bluetooth. According to the manuals for both, I should be able to transfer my contacts from the storm to the car, but I'm having trouble.

The HFL bluetooth only works with voice commands. I say "Phonebook," then "Receive Contact," and it tells me it is awaiting a contact from my bluetooth phone. Next, in my Storm, I go to "Options" and then select "Bluetooth." I open the menu and select "Transfer Contacts." A little window opens on the Storm which says that 43 contacts have been transferrred. So far so good.

My car then says it has "received 2 numbers for this contact." It prompts me to give a voice name to the home phone number and mobile phone number of my first contact. Still, so far so good.

But, then the car asks me if I want it to receive another contact. When I say "Yes," it then says "Awaiting new contact" and it's clearly waiting for me to do something. If I select Transfer Contacts again on my storm, then it starts all over again with the same contact that I already stored. I can't figure out how to get it to accept more than one contact.

I'm sorry that this post is so long, but I wanted to fully explain the problem. I am very frustrated by this and would appreciate whatever help you wonderful people can give me.
    02-24-09 03:52 PM
    I have an 09 Altima and had the same problem - I just said screw it. I hate talking to it anyways so outside of "HOME" I dial from my phone, it is faster that way.
    02-24-09 04:03 PM
    Sounds like it is only expecting one phone number per contact and that screws up the rest from ever making the transfer.

You may have to make sure that you only have one number per contact and try that. Which would be a real pain.
    02-24-09 04:09 PM
    I have an 07 TL Type S and can't get any of my contacts to transfer.
    06-08-09 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD