i was wanting to buy the storm off ebay, but my contract is technically still alltel. can i have the storm activated on alltel since verizon and alltel merged
    12-05-09 09:50 PM
    Yes it has been known to work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 10:23 PM
    will i have to do anything special and will i still be able to use the browser and stuff
    12-05-09 11:03 PM
    Do you currently have a BlackBerry plan with alltel? If so you will be fine. If not you will probably need to get a Verizon contract.

12-05-09 11:34 PM
    yes i do, i have the pearl right now. awesome news
    12-05-09 11:47 PM
    Make sure ESN is clear I have seen a lot of bad ones going around.

12-06-09 12:08 PM
    Verizon bought them out and Jan. Alltel becomes Verizon.
    12-07-09 07:01 AM
    While it is true that Alltel (in most markets) is no more, your plan will still be considered an Alltel plan, even though you are now with Verizon. I was told by several Verizon reps, both on the phone and in the store, that you CAN use Verizon equipment (i.e. the Storm or Storm 2) on an Alltel plan, but you CANNOT use Alltel equipment (i.e. your old Pearl) on a Verizon plan.

I'm not sure how long Verizon will allow ppl to continue to use their old Alltel plans, but its only logical they will be eventually phased out completely and everyone will be forced to take on a Verizon plan. Until then, enjoy your cheaper plan with Alltel, and the freedom to choose between available Alltel and Verizon phones.
    12-07-09 10:59 AM
    YES you can use a Verizon Storm on an Alltel Smartchoice plan, but be ready for them to try and get you to switch to a Verizon plan when and if you have any technical issues. Just be sure to stick to your guns because the reps here will sell you the Storm and let you keep your Alltel plan but the CSR will try and switch you to a Verizon plan if you have any issue that are not Hardware related.
    12-07-09 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD