So i have the phone flashed on cricket, when i try to upgrade it wont allow me because i dont have an activate blackberry service. I donwloaded the OS and installed and still same thing. Any tricks to bypass that check?
    10-30-09 05:18 AM
    So i have the phone flashed on cricket, when i try to upgrade it wont allow me because i dont have an activate blackberry service. I donwloaded the OS and installed and still same thing. Any tricks to bypass that check?
    Are you trying to do the "Wireless Update" on the device?

If so, STOP! Download OS to PC and load manually.
    10-30-09 05:46 AM
    Are you trying to do the "Wireless Update" on the device?

If so, STOP! Download OS to PC and load manually.

No i downloaded it to my pc and Desktop manager is not letting me load it because i don't have an active blackberry internet service! it stops me right before it starts loading process.
    10-30-09 03:07 PM
    any help folks
    11-03-09 11:58 PM
    I'm having the same issue! My Phone is also fully flashed over to cricket. HELP! Haha
    11-04-09 12:39 AM
    Download/install 238 from a link on this site. (search)
    Use app loader to install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 12:43 AM
    As a general rule, I can DL apps to my Blackberry curve 8830 but getting them to work is another matter alltogether, I tried Opera mini 5 and it could not connect to the internet. So then I tried Bolt 2.0 Beta. It sat there at the loading screen for an interminable amount of time and never came up. I tried to add host info to the phone but was unsuccessful. any help would be great. I use my BB at work to fill in the time between customers and on my lunch break. would LOVE to be able to watch youtube vids for fun. Any help would be appreciated. I am fully Flashed to Cricket with MMS Mobile web, SMS, and voice. Please help
    04-25-10 12:31 AM
    If anyone needs any help flashing their Curve to the cricket network, the first thing I should tell you is that you need to get the newest upgrade before you flash otherwise you will just have to reflash after you upgrade OS and Firmware. Easiest way to do it is to make sure that you have these programs on hand and ready to use(all freeware or functional demos) JL_Cmdr, CDMA Workshop, CrackUtil, and Blackberry Desktop Manager.

1 Connect phone to BBDM and let it recognize phone
    2 Check device manager Com Ports for 2 consecutive RIM Virtual service ports and note the com port numbers such as Com 5 and Com 6.(in the demo version of this program, Ports higher than 6 are locked by the Demo proggy until you register it.) Not to worry.
    3. Open CDMA and connect to the highest value of the corresponding RIM virtual port that your device is connected to. This links the program to your phone.
    4Open CrackUtil and open the file maintenance tab in the middle of the program- Click "List device info" and search for the net_rim_Daemon_Browser.
    5. Highlight Net_rim_daemon_browser and click the remove from field button( this takes the cmd line out of the phone and stores it for further use.)be sure to leave all programs running until the process is complete When your BB reboots you will recieve an exception error, just click ok on your phone and proceed to the next steps.
    6 If you havent already, do a google for BB_CK_WAP_MMS.zip and unzip then save them to your documents.
    7 go to BBDM backup and restore tab, click Advanced and you will see a window on the right with your phones current info, and a blank field on the left with a small white "file" dropdown menu above the left corner. Open this and browse to My Documents where you stored the BB_CKT_WAP_MMS.ipd.
    8 open these into your BBDM and click the bottom arrow button that denotes moving files from left to right.
    9 BBDM will do a quick phone scan and you should show 4 service books under the servic e books heading near the bottom of the right hand screen( you will have to scroll down). When you have confirmed that the service books are there, switch to CrackUtil and click the load file to device button. It will automatically point to the most recently removed file which was the net_rim_daemon_browser. Highlight it and click the button to transfer it back to the phone. your phone will reset again and you are flashed to cricket with mobile web, MMS, SMS and voice. If you do not have service with Cricket already, you can now get them to activate your phone and pay no flash charge. If youdid all this while continuing cricket service, you will need to go into your phone's nam programming by typing ##000000 on your handset.
    Verify your mobile number on the first line. If that is correct, then scroll all the way to the bottom under the A Key field- you will see SIP User : "your phone number"@mycricket.com- below that is a SIP Password field. Enter cricket into this field and click the select button to save these options- it should say "write successful" and reboot, when it comes back up you should have all of your features enable through cricket.
    04-25-10 01:00 AM
    You Can also do a handheld wipe through JL_Cmdr to release any security settings that may be keeping you from upgrading.
    1Connect your phone to desktop manager and then minimize the manager. Load JL_Cmdr(only works on XP as far as I know) Its a small DOS window with funky graphics on it- anyway accept the initial screen and then choose the option that says resettofactory. DO NOT DO NO DO NOT choose wipe as this will render your handset useless. The screen of JL will turn red and tell you to remove your battery to complete the handset wipe. Dont turn off your phone just remove the battery and leave it out for about 30 seconds. Then put it back in , let it boot up and try to upgrade from BBDM. remember AFTER UPGRADING YOU WILL HAVE TO REFLASH YOUR PHONE TO CRICKET.
    04-25-10 01:11 AM
    I must be blind or something but my desktop manager doesn't have the backup/restore tab. It has backup but when I open it theres no advanced button. Anyhelp?
    09-15-10 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD