i use tetherberry and it works pretty well
    09-19-09 09:56 PM
    i use tetherberry and it works pretty well
    until they catch you and then youll deny using it
    09-19-09 10:11 PM
    I have used Tetherbery and PDANet. I've used PDANet on my WinMo phone before the Blackberry. Verizon has never said anything to me yet. My usage was normally light. Now I've switch to a MiFi card and a monthly plan.
    09-20-09 01:41 AM
    I've got VZW and a Storm. I also live where I cannot get highspeed internet, even DSL. I added tethering through Verizon and with a bit of know-how.

Xbox Live: Check
    Eve Online with Ventrilo: Check
    Buddy played WoW: Check

In short, out of the box you can run most online games Lag-free, xbox connection gets a little shoddy with more then 8 players ie Halo 3
    But
    Need For Speed Shift
    Left 4 Dead
    Ace Combat 6
    Chromehounds

All working flawlessly
    And data usage isn't as bad as I thought
    Burns 10-30mb per hour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 02:37 AM
    I have trialed tetherberry and it worked nicely. I miss the old free tethering days with my motoRazr on VZW-AC... dang... I figure a light usage is fine... if you get a few months out of it it makes it worthwhile, but definitely scary thought of getting charged... just monitor your usage to see if extra charges pop up. I did see a tethering data usage pop up on my account when checking it online, but it was at 0 bytes of usage.
    09-20-09 01:20 PM
    yep use it lightly
    09-20-09 04:04 PM
    sooo are there any stories of people tethering for free on occassion?
    I' TALKING NOT ACTIVELY TETHERING, maybe once a week for about an hour per session.
    FYI - I use AT&T wouldn't want to get anywhere close to the 2GB :-/
    12-02-10 08:25 AM
    after re-reading through the thread I will get tetherberry and keep it light or consider a mifi card.
    The pros-cons I am weighing out now are that tetherberry pdanet are one time payments whereas a mifi card (even prepaid) has to be refilled.
    12-02-10 08:31 AM
    I have a Storm with T-Mobile - I bought tetherberry when it was half price, but I've never used it.... Guess I'm too scared.
    12-08-10 01:35 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD