Is there a way to stop getting an SMS message evry time I get a voicemail?
    01-07-09 08:01 AM
    Is there a way to stop getting an SMS message evry time I get a voicemail?
    explain what happens. not sure what you are talking about.
    01-07-09 08:15 AM
    I believe he is talking about the message that appears in the SMS Messages box whenever you receive a voicemail. This is for those who do not have Visual Voicemail.

I'm not sure if this is a Verizon thing (I came from AT&T and voicemail works differently there). But, whenever you receive a voicemail you don't get a nice little voicemail icon stating how many messages you get. Instead, you get a message in your SMS inbox stating that you have a voicemail wait for you.
    01-07-09 08:48 AM
    Actually, you get both the icon and the SMS. Who needs both? With that happening, you don't know if you have a real text message or just one of those voicemail notifications.
    01-07-09 08:51 AM
    That annoys the **** out of me. Why would anybody ever need this feature?
    01-07-09 09:07 AM
    I agree anyone know how to get rid of it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 09:11 AM

Welcome to the BB Storm....... You Can't!
    01-07-09 09:15 AM

Get visual voicemail
    01-07-09 09:46 AM
    :werd: this is most annoying...and I don't want to spend extra for visual voice mail
    01-07-09 09:48 AM
    i don't know of a way to turn this off. wish there was...i agree, i don't need 2 notifications.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sms...emails-130884/
    01-07-09 09:59 AM
    Welcome to the BB Storm....... You Can't!
    Actually it's welcome to Blackberries.
    01-07-09 10:00 AM
    I have a Curve 8330 and when I get a voicemail, a #+envelope shows on the front screen and 1 voice mail shows in the sms, as poster stated.

I have always wondered why there is no separate catagory in the profies for 'voice mail' alert, but there isn't.

I actually like that it shows up in the sms, as I don't pay to much attention to the tiny picture icons at the top of my phone that appear when e-mail, voicemail, etc come in.
    01-07-09 10:01 AM
    I agree with the OP that I would like to turn that off, it's dumb to have 2 alerts for the same thing in the same place. However it's not as annoying for me as some of you guys have mentioned. It just takes 2 clicks to remove the message
    01-07-09 10:20 AM
    hint RIMM fix this please.
    01-07-09 10:23 AM
    So we are all clear and others don't start another thread like I did...

This is for all Blackberries.....

My curve saves Voicemail under SMS as well. For all those unwanted icon notifications on your screen, I have turned off the icon notification for Messages. So now I only get one icon notification on the top of the screen for emails and one for text messages.

You get two icons when messages is active. I eliminated the extra steps to check all your emails and SMS just to find out where the new message is from. I just hid the message folder.. I now deal with email and SMS. No more waisted time clearing out those annoying icons. Except the Voicemail....

But we should have the option to block voicemail notification under SMS...
    Last edited by miltonb; 01-07-09 at 10:33 AM.
    01-07-09 10:24 AM
    Actually it's welcome to Blackberries.
    IMHO

I have a Curve (AT&T) and it doesn't do that, My co-worker just got off phone with Verizon and the person couldn't fix it. If anything it's a Verizon or a Storm thing. Maybe they do it to annoy you to pay for visual VM.

V
    01-07-09 10:25 AM
    IMHO

I have a Curve (AT&T) and it doesn't do that, My co-worker just got off phone with Verizon and the person couldn't fix it. If anything it's a Verizon or a Storm thing. Maybe they do it to annoy you to pay for visual VM.

V
    it's not a storm thing. it happens on curves as well.
    01-07-09 10:47 AM
    IMHO

V
    OK, let me rephrase that for litteral people. Welcome to Blackberries with "certain" voicemail systems. Sprint, Alltel, Verizon all behave the same way. At one time I thought it was a CDMA thing, but I'm not sure as I ran into a T-Mobile BB that did the same thing. However, it's a majority thing for CDMA Blackberries to do this.
    01-07-09 11:25 AM
    it's not a storm thing. it happens on curves as well.
    and 8830's...

Definitely a BB thing. Is it possible that this is an option for BES users? I don't recall having this issue on my 8700 at work (probably because I don't have an SMS icon on my work BB).

EDIT: Thanks for the clarification 'Civic. My 8700 is on AT&T.
    01-07-09 11:33 AM
    For Canadians reading this; mine is a Telus Storm and it does the same thing.

Wow. I really thought I was going to find a way to fix this. My first problem with BB/RIM. This calls for a celebratory drink!

At leat I have free incoming text...
    01-21-09 01:45 PM
    I thought you could turn this off in your voicemail preferences (do not receive notifications).
    01-21-09 02:04 PM
    I thought you could turn this off in your voicemail preferences (do not receive notifications).
    then you'll get NO notice of voicemail, an SMS nor the little VM icon on the top. that would be a pain!
    01-21-09 02:14 PM
    What about missed calls can you turn off the message?

01-21-09 02:22 PM
    What about missed calls can you turn off the message?

Phone (press green button once)
    menu
    Options
    Call Logging: NONE

this will stop missed calls from being logged in your message folder.

--i don't know a way to turn off the missed call pop up box however.
    01-21-09 02:28 PM
    this does NOT go away if you have visual voicemail.... I had visual voicemail for a month and everytime i got a voicemail i would get THREE sms messages telling me so. one right after the other.

ever since i had visual voicemail taken off, i now only get 1 sms message.
    01-21-09 02:40 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD