I am new to Storm, from Treo and innitially I didn't have Outlook. I couldn't innitially get my contacts transferred, so in frustration I had the Verizon store do it for me. As I had been warned, I lost a lot of data, so I got Outlook and now have all of my contacts in Outlook, but I cannot replace the Palm stuff currently in my Storm. Any suggestions?

By the way, you need a master's degree to use this phone. I keep trying to tell myself that I am going to love this some day, but I am not there yet.
    12-07-08 08:50 PM
    So your Treo contact data is now the same info in Outlook? Sync Outlook with Google (can do contacts and calendar - there's a Google-built tool for the calendar, you could easily export from Outlook to CSV and import to Gmail for Contacts or find 3rd party tool by searching...wait for it...Google)..

Then install Google Sync on the BB, and viola. I use Google Sync on my Storm and Google Calendar Sync on my desktop to keep my calendar all jiving.
    12-07-08 08:57 PM
    ^^^ Frack all that.

Load up Desktop Manager on your PC. If you've got your data from the Palm into Outlook, then you're pretty much done. If not, do that and then do the following.

Go in to Backup/Restore and do a backup just to be safe then go into Advanced. Delete the address book entries (clear them on the right hand side). Then just setup a sync from Syncronize in DM between your Storm and Outlook. It'll push everything from your Contacts in Outlook to your Address Book on the Storm. Done.
    12-07-08 09:16 PM
    ^^ second that motion.
    12-07-08 09:18 PM
    I deleted all my contacts in DM (Advanced - Addressbook - clear, AND Addressbook-All - clear), hit the refresh and it shows up as empty, but when I unmount and unplug my phone, all the contacts are still there.

My issue was that there were two entries for each contact. Now, there is only one, but when i sync, there are two again.

Thoughts?
    12-20-08 09:09 PM
    I was a looooooong time Palm product user, starting waaaaay back with the Kyocera 6035, then my Treo 650 for the last few years. I migrated over 600 contacts plus all of my Notes flawlessly and simply by using the Blackberry Desktop to import them from the Palm Desktop into my Storm. I was using Palm Desktop version 6.2.
    I'm still bummed about not having "eReader" to access my collection of billions of ebooks in various formats, but I'm patient - the apps will arrive someday. The more I use this Storm and adapt to its differences, the more I like it. Hang in there, it will grow on you.
    12-21-08 01:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD