Can someone please tell me how i can get my e-mail messages to quit showing up under the plain messages icon. When i get an e-mail it shows up under both my e-mail and message icon.

Thanks
    09-01-09 11:48 AM
    unfortunately no you cant do this....just hide the 'messages' icon and be happy
    Last edited by howarmat; 09-01-09 at 12:33 PM.
    09-01-09 12:27 PM
    unfortunately no you cant do this....just hide the 'messages' icon and be happy
    To hide an icon, select it with a touch but do not click down, then press the BB (menu) button and select Hide.
    09-01-09 12:40 PM
    i know there is a way to do this because they did it the last time i was at the verizon store...had to get a new phone yesterday and they didn't set it back up
    09-01-09 12:44 PM
    You will need to hide either the messages folder or the email folder.
    09-01-09 12:48 PM
    OP, remember to ....(from our Forum Posting Rules)......

Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'someone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Pearl will not show myFaves icons” or “How do I use BB Maps on my 8100”
    09-01-09 12:48 PM
    But even if you hide the folder the notification will have an icon on the bar am I correct?

I know it should go away once you read it through your email but I thought one time I got something actually in my message folder and it was part of my sms or email.
    09-01-09 12:49 PM
    But even if you hide the folder the notification will have an icon on the bar am I correct?

I know it should go away once you read it through your email but I thought one time I got something actually in my message folder and it was part of my sms or email.
    not, when you delete a Email from say hotmail, it deletes both emails.
    09-01-09 12:53 PM
    not, when you delete a Email from say hotmail, it deletes both emails.
    thanks for making that clear, I don't really worry cause I just deal with it. lol
    09-02-09 01:00 AM
    i know there is a way to do this because they did it the last time i was at the verizon store...
    R u thinking of sms folder which doesn't display if u use messages > menu > options > general options > sms & email inboxes > combined?

Or possibly calls not appearing in messages via phone > menu > options > call logging > show these call log types in message list > none?
    09-02-09 04:20 AM
    This has become quite annoying. Every time i get an e-mail I also get a text message from 1180122222269. anyone else get this?? and how do i stop it?
    09-02-09 11:52 AM
    R u thinking of sms folder which doesn't display if u use messages > menu > options > general options > sms & email inboxes > combined?

Or possibly calls not appearing in messages via phone > menu > options > call logging > show these call log types in message list > none?
    Everytime i bet an e-mail or missed phone call it shows up under the icon that just says messages....it doesn't show up under my sms messages
    09-02-09 01:08 PM
    Yeah i know i was asking if VZW might've adjusted ur settings as i described. 2 reduce redundancy a bit, follow suggestions in thread.
    Last edited by Transfigured; 09-02-09 at 01:24 PM.
    09-02-09 01:19 PM
    i tried those
    09-02-09 01:25 PM
    Best u can do far as i know!
    09-02-09 01:27 PM
    This has become quite annoying. Every time i get an e-mail I also get a text message from 1180122222269. anyone else get this?? and how do i stop it?
    i get this also and have no idea how to stop it. if you find out please let me know. have you tried replying to the message. (if we are getting the same one - it says to stop getting the messages to just reply to that one) that has not worked for me. hopefully someone can help us out
    09-08-09 09:16 PM
    i get this also and have no idea how to stop it. if you find out please let me know. have you tried replying to the message. (if we are getting the same one - it says to stop getting the messages to just reply to that one) that has not worked for me. hopefully someone can help us out
    did you have a dumbphone with mobile email before? because they use sms based alerts to the app to notify of new emails...

for this issue, call VZW and they can remove the provisioning for the mobile email app, that should fix it...

as far as the OP, here's how i roll...

just use the "messages" folder, create a folder to put your email icons in, and keep that, you don't have to hide it, i don't...if you wanna say delete all of your gmail emails, just go to the gmail folder, then delete, same for whatever other email accounts you have...

it's easier this way, since the messages folder is used for all messages, including PIN, and call logging if you have that enabled...that way you're not confused...
    09-08-09 10:16 PM
    OK so weird thing happened... I'm on a bb 8900 and i had the icon saying i have a new email. I have my email folder for gmail up and the messages folder hidden. I didn't have an email in the email folder and couldn't figure out why it kept saying i have a new email. So, I unhide the messages folder and sure enough, there's an email in there. Why would that email not go to my email folder but go to the messages folder? Is this normal? How should I handle the messages folder since I feel like all it does it duplicate things. Thanks for any help!
    09-09-09 05:31 PM
    The messages folder includes pin messages, browser messages, RIM HRT messages, etc.

Not just email. That's why I suggest you use the messages folder and hide the dedicated icons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD