as my mom would say......your belly button can never be bigger than your belly. don't overextend yourself man.
    11-20-08 07:53 PM
    This thread has me laughing very loudly. Ahhh just too much. This kid is probably regretting he ever asked that question. You guys can be brutal, but it entertains me so much.

No sales tax in New Hampshire. Find a friend in NH and have it shipped there.
    11-20-08 07:53 PM
    if this guy really got an academic scholarship and is in a quan methods class, then he's obviously a classic case of all book smarts, no common sense. I think the most ridiculous thing here isn't that he only has 259$ in his account or whatever, it's that it didn't even cross his mind whether or not his state has tax, much less all the taxes associated with cell phones/cell phone plans. All the people saying this guy is dumb are right. it was a pretty dumb question to ask.
    11-20-08 07:54 PM
    wow... guys, calm down. I'm in college to and I work for my money. I only have enough money for the phone now, but it's not like I need money to survive. he's not a moron, he knows he needs to eat and have a place to sleep. He isn't running to mommy and daddy because he is using his own money. Let him do what he wants and answer the question.

Also, a lot of stores add sales tax into their prices so when it comes to the register its exactly what is on the label -- for example; urban outfitters or the pizza place across the street. He was merely asking if they did that or not. Sheesh
    If he bought a curve and a moto q shouldnt he know the answer to this question? Did he buy is moto q at the urban outfitters and doesn't know what to expect when buying a new phone? The question wasn't a good one and his defenses are showing his lack of intelligence or common sense.

My vote is this guys not that bright. Read his next question to the forum at http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/vzw...-coming-98516/
    I wouldn't have brought this up but his defenses where he attacks others with common sense deem it necessary.
    Last edited by verizontroll; 11-20-08 at 08:05 PM.
    11-20-08 07:57 PM
    ive seen many threads that were based upon flaming in my lifetime and if the OP gets defensive, the situation goes sour really quick. everyone is entitled to their own opinion and you don't have to listen to them. just ignore them and move on.
    11-20-08 07:58 PM
    So if the phone is $499, and you're getting it for $99 after rebate and ne2 on primary line of qualifying plan, your total at the cash register is $191.24 ($99.99 for the phone + $50 rebate + $41.25 tax @ 8.25% in my county).

The law here is that if you're buying something whose value is being amortized by the cell phone service contract, then you have to pay the tax on the real hardware cost at some point, and that point is when you first take possession of it.

If you buy a $500 phone on sale for $99, and there is no service agreement involved, you pay tax only on the $99.

--bg
    11-20-08 07:59 PM
    If he bought a curve and a moto q shouldnt he know the answer to this question? Did he buy is moto q at the urban outfitters and doesn't know what to expect when buying a new phone? The question wasn't a good one and his defenses are showing his lack of intelligence or common sense.

My vote is this guys not that bright. Read his next question to the group http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/vzw...-coming-98516/
    i bought a curve and dont recall. i got the moto q in an ebay transaction.

i suppose you did not fair well in reading comprehension?
    11-20-08 08:05 PM
    Listen up kiddo. Once you graduate, launch 2 successful business and maintain profitability in this economic situation, of which i'm sure you are completely oblivious to, perhaps lets have a conversation. Until then, continue studies, manage money, and stop living off your parents.
    Woah, big man on campus here. You bringing in the bacon 'ay? Perhaps, you can give us some tips on how to get through this dreaded crisis; since, ya know, you have 2 successful businesses and all that jazz. How about throwing a couple benjamins my way big guy?

Who the **** are you to criticize this kid on his life style, how he lives and what he does with is money. Get a life. If your so successful, be the bigger more "professional" man and ignore this post. Don't make ignorant remarks towards someone that you know jack **** about.

/end rant

And another thing...this forum is upsetting today...

/end rantx2
    11-20-08 08:07 PM
    Woah, big man on campus here. You bringing in the bacon 'ay? Perhaps, you can give us some tips on how to get through this dreaded crisis; since, ya know, you have 2 successful businesses and all that jazz. How about throwing a couple benjamins my way big guy?

Who the **** are you to criticize this kid on his life style, how he lives and what he does with is money. Get a life. If your so successful, be the bigger more "professional" man and ignore this post. Don't make ignorant remarks towards someone that you know jack **** about.

/end rant

And another thing...this forum is upsetting today...

/end rantx2

thanks for having my back, btw you missed my reply...do you live in philly? i go to school here. will be in ardmore tomorrow for the storm
    11-20-08 08:08 PM
    Am I the only one who thought money in college was for beer?
    11-20-08 08:09 PM
    i bought a curve and dont recall. i got the moto q in an ebay transaction.

i suppose you did not fair well in reading comprehension?
    Maybe you should take writing classes. This is what you wrote:
    i bought my own curve before coming back to school, sold it on ebay for 250 bucks + a moto q so i can get a Storm.
    Sounds like you sold a curve and moto q on ebay so you can get a Storm. Anyone else care to read what the genius wrote and tell me if I read it wrong?

Stay in school & stay off drugs. You need all the help you can get.
    11-20-08 08:10 PM
    Am I the only one who thought money in college was for beer?
    So that's how all my cash disappears.
    11-20-08 08:11 PM
    thanks for having my back, btw you missed my reply...do you live in philly? i go to school here. will be in ardmore tomorrow for the storm
    Yea np man. Sometimes this forum is terrible. The ignorance is out of this world. For the most part its great tho.

Anyway, yepp I live in Philly but wont be getting my Storm tomorrow due to the misses making it a Christmas present. (terrible I know)

Best of luck to you in getting the Storm and your future.

PS- Phillies rock.
    11-20-08 08:12 PM
    [QUOTE=LetMeClearMyThroat;1006857]Woah, big man on campus here. You bringing in the bacon 'ay? Perhaps, you can give us some tips on how to get through this dreaded crisis; since, ya know, you have 2 successful businesses and all that jazz.

Surely, stop spending more then you have! Don't over reach, or get adjustable arms on mortgages you can barely afford on interest only. And stop relying on others to bail you out. Decrease spending to offset inflated overhead cutting into your margins, and increase profitability through effective inventory management. Congrats on the scholarships, bust a*s in school.
    11-20-08 08:19 PM
    Maybe you should take writing classes. This is what you wrote:
    Sounds like you sold a curve and moto q on ebay so you can get a Storm. Anyone else care to read what the genius wrote and tell me if I read it wrong?

Stay in school & stay off drugs. You need all the help you can get.
    you read completely wrong my good sir. i sold a USED curve for $250 and he gave me a Q so i wont be without a phone until Friday
    11-20-08 08:19 PM
    Tell you what. Wait until Saturday night. Take your $250 and buy beer. Have a party and invite friends who bought the Storm Friday then get everyone drunk. Someone is bound to just leave their Storm behind.....problem solved. No taxes.
    11-20-08 08:21 PM
    Well there will be tax on the storm. maybe you can ask your parents or a friend to borrow 20 bucks.

good luck!
    11-20-08 08:28 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD