all i have is 259 in my account
    11-20-08 07:12 PM
    Are you eligible for an upgrade?

If you aren't, like me, full price is like $600 or something around there...
    11-20-08 07:13 PM
    im eligible...im just asking if they tax it like is it going to be $249 + tax cuz i only have 259 total
    11-20-08 07:13 PM
    oh... than i'm not sure. I'm sorry. I just know there is a $50 rebate. not sure about the tax situation.
    11-20-08 07:14 PM
    No offense meant, but it sounds like you can't afford the phone right now. I know that can be tough to hear but sometimes people need to be told that... like all those people that have mortgages that can't afford them. Someone should have told them they can't afford the house. Wait until you are more liquid. The phone will be there. In fact there will be more supply to buy every week you wait.
    11-20-08 07:16 PM
    I'm pretty sure there is tax. How much? That depends on what state you live in. In Pennsylvania, we have a 6% tax.
    11-20-08 07:17 PM
    Are you saying all you have is $259 in your bank account??? if so..... do you really need this phone that bad? Think about it.
    11-20-08 07:17 PM
    Are you saying all you have is $259 in your bank account??? if so..... do you really need this phone that bad? Think about it.
    dont worry about my finances im in college and my parents give me cash
    11-20-08 07:20 PM
    there is tax...here in nassau county, ny the total would be around 273 i believe
    11-20-08 07:20 PM
    Apparently i'm not the one worrying about your finances, you are if you have to ask this question. Or, you could just run to mommy and daddy.
    11-20-08 07:22 PM
    ats what i was thinkin....get you a storm buddy
    11-20-08 07:23 PM
    We don't care who is paying your bills. You can't afford this phone on what you have right now. Maybe that college of yours should teach you some simple finance or accounting courses. I really hope you arent going to an ivy league asking this question.
    11-20-08 07:27 PM
    The epitome of our future. Spend what ya don't got, and be bailed out by a higher authority (in the situation, parents)
    11-20-08 07:30 PM
    We don't care who is paying your bills. You can't afford this phone on what you have right now. Maybe that college of yours should teach you some simple finance or accounting courses. I really hope you arent going to an ivy league asking this question.
    Wow...lmao...Don't tell this kid wtf he can afford and what he should be doing in school or with his money.

Back off.
    11-20-08 07:31 PM
    yes I didn't like the statement telling him not to get it just because he only had that much in his account.. his financial situation isn't any of our business. as far as the people with big house loans that couldn't afford them. Thats there fault for not being smart enough to manage there money. comparing a 200 dollar phone to a 700,000 house is crazy.

alot of those people took a loan on a house for 700k then took a 40k car loan then took a 30k boat loan then took a second car loan

then the money they were making gave them enough to pay the loans minimum payment and buy food. They obviously didn't think of it and it was part of the banks fault for allowing the loan to begin with.
    11-20-08 07:31 PM
    Wow...lmao...Don't tell this kid wtf he can afford and what he should be doing in school or with his money.

Back off.
    If he didn't want to hear the answer he shouldn't ask the question. It's not like I picked him out of a crowd, asked him how much money he has in the bank and then gave him an answer. Am I really the only one that finds the question ridiculous and the OP not very bright for so many reasons?
    Last edited by verizontroll; 11-20-08 at 07:38 PM.
    11-20-08 07:34 PM
    Wait, you're in college and you don't know if your state has sales tax?
    11-20-08 07:35 PM

This is our future.

Buddy, you are in college, this is the time you should be learning about finances, not sticking your hand out. If you only have $259 and you dont know that you have to pay sales tax on good and services, then you really shouldnt be worried about a new phone. I would put that money into a good financial planning book. You will get more out of it in the long run.
    11-20-08 07:36 PM
    all i have is 259 in my account
    When has there been no tax for cell phones? I don't know where you live, but where I'm from just about every new sale of consumer electronics is taxed. Like the others have said, you probably can't afford it right now with just $250.

But if you're feeling lucky or desperate, take your wallet, go wait in line and get the thing activated. When they ask for payment, tell them that all you have is $259 in your account and mom will put some more in later. I'm sure you'll catch a storm, but not the one you want.
    11-20-08 07:37 PM
    hey michaelbrandon, you are a tool and i am sure i will make much more than you in the future. i got a scholarship to go to college and have had an internship for 2 years, therefore little to no income.

i bought my own curve before coming back to school, sold it on ebay for 250 bucks + a moto q so i can get a Storm.

dont talk when you dont know what you're talking about
    11-20-08 07:44 PM
    btw you guys are a bunch of trolls. i asked a quick question b/c i couldnt recall if they had tax or if the 249 was including tax.

i apologize. i was sitting in my quant methods class and my brain is a bit fried.
    11-20-08 07:45 PM

Back off.
    thanks bro. you live in philly? ill be in ardmore early tomorrow AM getting my storm
    11-20-08 07:46 PM
    What a coincidence. I just got off the phone with telesales to ask this.. Answer, YES in most states, I think he said not in Oregon.
    11-20-08 07:48 PM
    hey michaelbrandon, you are a tool and i am sure i will make much more than you in the future. i got a scholarship to go to college and have had an internship for 2 years, therefore little to no income.

i bought my own curve before coming back to school, sold it on ebay for 250 bucks + a moto q so i can get a Storm.

dont talk when you dont know what you're talking about
    Listen up kiddo. Once you graduate, launch 2 successful business and maintain profitability in this economic situation, of which i'm sure you are completely oblivious to, perhaps lets have a conversation. Until then, continue studies, manage money, and stop living off your parents.
    11-20-08 07:50 PM
    wow... guys, calm down. I'm in college to and I work for my money. I only have enough money for the phone now, but it's not like I need money to survive. he's not a moron, he knows he needs to eat and have a place to sleep. He isn't running to mommy and daddy because he is using his own money. Let him do what he wants and answer the question.

Also, a lot of stores add sales tax into their prices so when it comes to the register its exactly what is on the label -- for example; urban outfitters or the pizza place across the street. He was merely asking if they did that or not. Sheesh
    11-20-08 07:53 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD