I've read everything I can find on this phone since I first bought it back in December. I have done very little to customize this most recent handset in order to prevent anything major happening to it. Just about 15 minutes ago it fully resets itself, once it loads up, it resets itself again.

Now I was in the middle of a large email, and responding to multiple texts, but I have been able to do all of this numerous times without incident. Is there any settings that anyone would recommend? I only have the applications it came with along with slacker, and twitterberry. I currently am running .75(I don't want to void my warranty with a leaked os) and have zero themes. This handset is bare compared to the two previous Storms that I have had.

I don't want a different phone model or switch to get that Iphony thing... I love the Storm but I don't want to get mad at it and throw it when it randomly resets itself. I would just like to hear some more suggestions on how to avoid this happening again...please be nice...
    03-30-09 12:39 PM
    I would suggest upgrading to a beta OS. .109 is nice and stable. Contrary to what you might think, it does not void your warranty. If you were ever concerned about it voiding your warranty, just downgrade prior to taking the phone in for service.

The warranty only applies to the hardware of your phone anyways, and the OS cannot affect the hardware in any way that would affect the warranty.

People who have mentioned the random resets before have had it cured with an OS upgrade.

If you don't want to do an OS upgrade, then I would suggest sending snotagrams to your service provider and RIM demanding an official OS upgrade. My guess would be that if you mention Beta OS's and how you don't want to void your warranty, they'll tell you that it wouldn't affect your warranty as long as you made only software upgrades, not hardware changes.

If software not officially approved by RIM voided your warranty, then all 3rd party apps would void your warranty...not just the beta operating systems.
    03-30-09 01:29 PM
    You can always upgrade to a newer .os, if you have to take it back i would just downgrade to the original .75. Try a battery pull and start again, if the problem keeps up i would do a complete wipe of the phone. back it up first in the desk top manager. options>security options>general settings>hit the blackberry button and click on wipe handheld. once wipe is complete restore the bb and all should be well. i did this yesterday and the phone is running well along with better battery life. currently running on .113 love it. any more questions i would be glad to help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD