I'm getting pretty slick on typing on this touch screen but the problem comes in to where I get ahead of what the phone can keep up with. Is there a way to increase the response time of the keyboard to keep up with these lightning fast fingers of mine?
    11-26-08 09:19 AM
    No, one of the problems with the way the Storm's touch screen works, is that the hardware is going to limit your typing speed. If you were willing to tear the phone apart, you might be able to increase the tension on the spring that pushes the screen back up after being depressed, but that would also require more effort to push it down each time, and might wear the whole mechanism out faster.

In future evolutions of the Storm's basic touch screen mechanism something might be worked out, but I don't think there's much that can be done with the Storm's click mechanism.
    11-26-08 09:40 AM
    Yeah, this is overall one of my most hated things about this phone..
    11-26-08 09:49 AM
    it reminds me of track and field on the nintendo where you have to go leftrightleftrightleftrightleftrightleftright and time it up perfectly
    11-26-08 09:57 AM
    I'm getting pretty slick on typing on this touch screen but the problem comes in to where I get ahead of what the phone can keep up with. Is there a way to increase the response time of the keyboard to keep up with these lightning fast fingers of mine?
    Despite all of the posts to the contrary - there is a setting that should help you. Hit the options icon, scroll down to Screen/Keyboard and select that, scroll down to the "Touchscreen" section. The Tap Interval is likely set on 400. Try lowering that setting and you should be able to type faster.

Let us know if that helped.
    11-26-08 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD