Two of my service books have an invalid ip address (0.0.0.0). My carrier has been useless to fix this issue and I happen to know the correct ip address.
    Is there any way I could edit my own service books (these are MMS and WAP transport books)?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 04:09 AM
    No

10 characters
    06-20-09 04:48 AM
    Ok, how about editing them on the PC from a backup and then puttimh them back on the phone?

06-20-09 09:51 AM
    No, the service books cannot be editted or modified by any outside source. If they are modified the md5 checksum fails and the books are trashed if it makes it that far.
    06-20-09 09:54 AM
    Will have to keep bugging the carrier then!

06-20-09 10:01 AM
    Will have to keep bugging the carrier then!

Delete them then do a battery pull.
    06-20-09 10:07 AM
    But after I do this I will get the same ones from the carrier wouldn't I? Or you think I would get them corrected?

06-20-09 12:05 PM
    What do you think is wrong with the service books that makes you want to edit them? Are you blocked from browsing, does your email not work? What?

Wow did this ever sound harsh after rereading. But honestly, what is causing your quest in service book editting????????????
    Last edited by John.Hamilton.02; 06-20-09 at 12:12 PM.
    06-20-09 12:07 PM
    But after I do this I will get the same ones from the carrier wouldn't I? Or you think I would get them corrected?

If the carrier has updated them and the device says yeah I have that one them yes you will be getting a corrected one.
    06-20-09 12:19 PM
    Whenever sending an MMS the signal goles from EDGE to edge for 10 minutes. During that time I lost every internet feature.
    When trying to access a WAP webpage the signal goles from EDGE to edge for good; rendering the Storm useless until i turn off the radio and search for the GSM network again.

The rest of the features work OK (normal web browsing, email, bbm, google maps, facebook, etc)... All of which hace service books with valid IP address

Last edited by Cazurela; 06-20-09 at 03:42 PM.
    06-20-09 03:38 PM
    I have seen some ppl with an almost identical issue after a failed OS upgrade. what software version are u running? how long have you been ahving this issue? another route to try might work as well. I don't know how your carrier would respond to this, but VZW can reset the "DMU" fields for your phone. What this does is basically refreshes the data connection the network sees from your device. Once the service books are re-registered after this reset, most of the time, all of your data transport issues will be corrected. You could try calling your carrier's CS and ask them to reset your phone in the network switch, or even delete/rebuild it in their blackberry admin tool, then re-register your service books.

OK after reading this... I think I even confused myself. *OOPS*
    Basically, I would call customer service back again and ask them what their methods are for rebuilding your phone on their network, and how you can reset any data management fields possible. Might not correct your problem, but can't hurt to try. Also, if you have done an OS upgrade, you might consider reverting back to the old software, then re-upgrade.
    Last edited by VerizonTechie; 06-21-09 at 01:21 AM. Reason: clarification
    06-21-09 01:18 AM
    Whenever sending an MMS the signal goles from EDGE to edge for 10 minutes. During that time I lost every internet feature.
    When trying to access a WAP webpage the signal goles from EDGE to edge for good; rendering the Storm useless until i turn off the radio and search for the GSM network again.

The rest of the features work OK (normal web browsing, email, bbm, google maps, facebook, etc)... All of which hace service books with valid IP address

if your having issues with the signal then have you tried putting the network setting to GSM only and not on global or 1XEV
    06-21-09 01:26 AM
    I've set the signal to GSM/UMTS only and 2G only (3G here is 1800MHz) since first using the phone. It hasn't changed with different OS upgrades (currently on OOAK v7 with 148 radio)
    Just tried what gtstang stated, erased those two SB and did a battery pull... Received back the same two SB with the 0.0.0.0 issue. :S
    What bothers me most is tha other BB users in the carrier have those SB with the correct IP address 10.99.0.99

Will have to try what VerizonTechie suggested. The guys over at customer service told me to get my SIM card replaced as it is over 4 years old, and might be causing the issues. I really don't, think it has any relevance here or maybe it does?

Thanks for the input... Any other ideas?

06-21-09 11:37 AM
    not sure....
    06-21-09 11:39 AM
    I'd at least try a wipe and then clean install .75 or .148, no hybrids. Otherwise itsprobably a hardware problem and you should get a replacement if possible.

06-21-09 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD