Is there any way to do so through hardware and such? My phone won't seem to boot after a little bit of oil dropped on it. It's pretty dam old now and i'm upgrading within a week or so. I do have a lot of contacts on there that i really need. Is there anyway to transfer the onboard memory to another storm?
    11-12-10 10:11 PM
    You are pretty much out of luck*, sorry to say. Desktop Manager is a blackberry user's best friend! Put it on all of your computers and backup once a week!

*There could a possibility of either you or a repair shop disassembling the phone and putting the memory containing parts into another storm and maybe recovering your data that way. Of course that requires addtl $, time, and someone with the know-how

Good Luck
    11-12-10 11:29 PM
    Is there any way to do so through hardware and such? My phone won't seem to boot after a little bit of oil dropped on it. It's pretty dam old now and i'm upgrading within a week or so. I do have a lot of contacts on there that i really need. Is there anyway to transfer the onboard memory to another storm?
    Do you know why it will not boot? A little bit of oil does not seem like it would cause a long lasting problem. But, a little bit is somewhat subjective. Sometimes a blackberry becomes bricked and can be fixed with a few (or more) steps. If you have tried this, you may want to look at the link below.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/
    Last edited by DJM1947; 11-13-10 at 12:24 PM.
    11-13-10 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD