I am wondering how advanced the browser really is...can it render kayak.com as it actually searches for flights?? ---it is a realtime updating webpage...I'd really like to know this because i think that says a lot...and i couldn't get the simulator working because of the JDK required for MDS...so hopefully someone that either has got it working or has a phone can test this.

also testing the acid2/3 would be great!!

THANKS!!
    11-17-08 02:21 AM
    Half the time I can't get firefox to show kayak properly anymore (unlike how it always worked before their recent changes) so I think the chances of it working fine on a storm are doubtful

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 07:29 AM
    There is a smart phone mode for kayak: Cheap Flights, Airline Tickets, Cheap Airfare & Discount Travel Deals - Kayak.com. Seems like this site searches flights but doesn't do the real time updates.

i have this site on my bookmarks but i've not used it yet nor have i ever used the full version of kayak. Just thought i'd post the link.

i use orbitz.com to book trips and the native bb browser cannot handle the site or complete a booking. i've had to use Opera Mini to book a flight on orbitz. com.

Just a suggestion if the Storm cannot handle it.

Now this is with a Curve. The Storm supposedly has a much better browser so it may be able to handle kayak and orbitz.

i'd like to know as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-17-08 at 08:27 AM.
    11-17-08 07:37 AM
    their mobile phone site is pretty crappy, i've used it before.

so if someone here can get the storm emulator to work or can actually try it on the storm that'd be GREAT!!

p.s. i have yet to have a problem pulling it up with firefox, and as a matter of fact, i tried it with the new firefox mobile browser and it was able to render it perfectly
    11-17-08 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD