Can someone please help me?!?! I have a Blackberry Storm 9530 and the other day for some reason the screen stopped working correctly! It scrolls, and when I put my finger over anywhere on the screen it lights up blue like it's working but when I push the screen and I hear the "click" noise but it won't let me in to any of the apps or to check my messages or anything.

Could this be a software problem or is it probably something wrong with the screen? I just updated the phone to the .141 or whatever software from Blackberry and then the phone started being crazy.

Has anyone else had this problem? How did you fix it? Or can someone give me advice?

Thanks!
    07-05-09 08:56 PM
    So this started as soon as you updated to .141? Well could be a software problem. Did the phone drop or got wet? Anyway try wiping and reinstalling the firmware on the device.
    07-05-09 09:00 PM
    It started a day or two after I installed the software! Any recommendations on how to wipe and reinstall the firmware? Should I just use JL_cmdr or whatever it is?
    07-05-09 09:07 PM
    Yeah. Theres a thread here on how to do it. Its pretty easy just download and install JL_Cmdr use the 'wipe' option and then upgrade as usual. Remember to back up your data first before the wipe.
    07-05-09 09:09 PM
    Do what he says and if the problem persists I would take it to your carrier's store and they should be able to help you out.
    07-05-09 10:44 PM
    if u dont 'pull' the battery or update on a regular basis, those things & more can happen!!
    what do u mean with "If u dont update on a regular basis"?

make sense if u r talking about the leaked updates...(ate least for me)..lol
    07-06-09 01:13 AM
    if u dont 'pull' the battery or update on a regular basis, those things & more can happen!!
    You should always do a batt pull after updating your OS, but doing so on a regular basis won't alleviate all ills... this could be a hardware issue- in which case you can pull the battery all day long & it won't get better...

Always try a batt pull first, but if you are still experiencing issues, take it back to the store- it'll still be under warranty. Just make sure they don't try to give you a "refurbished" one- hold out for a new version!
    07-06-09 02:08 AM
    I get this a lot... A battery pull works for me. I just got used to doing a batter pull daily, before I start my day This phone is dumb, it needs special attention. Lol
    07-06-09 09:09 AM
    I get this a lot... A battery pull works for me. I just got used to doing a batter pull daily, before I start my day This phone is dumb, it needs special attention. Lol

When you have time download quickpull (free version) you can schedule the batt pull for you at the time that you want.
    07-06-09 09:16 AM
    Its a Storm, get used to a problematic devise period!
    07-06-09 11:00 AM
    yea MSFEFE is right this smart phone is kinda dumb so you really need to pay attention to it.....i have noticed it only freezes when its about to rain or has rained or very humid ....it might have to do with humidity getting under the screen since the touch screen is heat sensitive....ever try using ur storm with gloves on ...itll never work...tho it might be also a hardware issue but if u pull the battery it should work.....hopefully that new 5.0 os is any good
    07-06-09 11:08 AM
    Sometimes errors can happen on an OS install. I would make sure to wipe before every install. If it still gives you trouble, I'd exchange the device

As for batt pulls, I don't do them. Don't need them. No freezes, no reboots. Mem between 25 and 40 generally, only time my phone reboots is when I am uninstalling apps
    07-06-09 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD