Hello,

First allow me to say hi and thanks to anyne that will have an answer to this question. I've had my Storm for couple of months now. However, yesterday was my first show/concert with the phone. I tried taking pics and it took very long for the camera to take it. Then after 3 pics the camera hot stock/frozen and it would not do anything, take pic, get out of camera mode, shut down, etc. I have a plastic covert case and I could not get it open to do a quick battery pull. As result got no pics at all or video of the show. (very dissapointed) tIt wasnt until I left the show that i manage to open and pull battery and reboot. Now everything is normal but i dont want this to happen again. Please if any of you know of a program or what to do to improve the camera.

Thanks.

Note: hope this is posted in the right place.
    08-02-09 02:03 PM
    I don't know what OS you are running, but I've never had any trouble with anything (including the camera) on OS .151. I recommend upgrading.
    08-02-09 02:05 PM
    I'm on .151 and mine is still a bit slow (but I do carry a Sony Cybershot with me at all times, so I don't rely too much on it). I have found that if you press and hold the camera button when trying to take a pic (instead of pressing it and immediately releasing, like I thought was the way), it does a decent job. Still takes 3-5 seconds to take the pic, which I agree is a bit slow.
    08-02-09 02:18 PM
    It could also be related to taking pics of a concert...dark place, moving targets...could be troublesome to auto focus on. How is it taking pictures on non-concert subjects?
    08-02-09 02:23 PM
    It could also be related to taking pics of a concert...dark place, moving targets...could be troublesome to auto focus on. How is it taking pictures on non-concert subjects?
    The Camera works great with great quality it just takes to long and you end up missing the moment. With normal steady pics its good (still does take a long time, specially with flash) How can i see what OS I have? I have done a couple of updates thats why I cant remember. Im also not such an expert as you can see. lol. The holding down helps because it focus it i guess but while its doing it the flash is on and people thinks thats the pictures is over and they stop posing. I remember my old Palm treo was super fast and i have seen the Iphone doing it really quick too. cant understand why my super bb cant match the speed.
    08-02-09 03:00 PM
    Having image stabilization on can really slow down the camera.
    08-02-09 03:03 PM
    Even with image stabilization off mine is fairly slow. But it usually gets the job done since I don't own a digital camera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 03:08 PM
    I hate to say it, but it's only a phone. But I too use my phone instead of my camera. It's running off of java for everything. I know the camera is part of the OS, and not the JAVA files, but if anyone can create an app that will disable and/or control the auto focus, that'd be great. My Dare, I turned off auto focus, and it took a picture super fast. Faster than my digital camera. So maybe an app will correct our issues to get a fast shot.
    08-02-09 03:26 PM
    My camera under .151 is way worse than it was on .122.

.122 camera worked pretty much instantly!
    08-02-09 05:03 PM
    yes the camera is vvvvvvvvvvvery slow. You miss a lot of good shots because of it.

running .151
    08-30-09 09:41 PM
    atleast you guys have a camera......im on .191. But its GREAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

08-30-09 09:48 PM
    Alright, i have experienced the same problem. I found out how to take the pic a bit faster than usual.

Alright, so when you're about to take the pic use the button on the side of the phone instead of clicking the screen. Press the button lightly... if you press the button completely it will take the pic like always (slow) but if you try pressing the button lightly it will somehow get ready to take the pic the moment you press the button completely. So press the button lightly at first... wait about 3 secs then take the pic (press the button completely).

I don't know if that made sense.. but that's how i can take my pics fast.
    08-30-09 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD