Wondering why when taking a picture it takes so long to take?? Press the button and it's like 5 seconds before it takes the picture, very annoying.
    Thanx!
    01-26-09 09:56 AM
    version .90 takes pictures in about 1 second
    01-26-09 09:57 AM
    This is a pretty common bug but seems to be device specific. Mine was pretty slow on .65 and .76 but every update after that improved the speed. Unfortunately, after .90 - my camera stopped saving pics everytime. I have to zoom in a little to get it to save.
    01-26-09 09:58 AM
    I'm running .90 and there is a delay if you just press the camera button.

The reason behind this is because they have a autofocus lens in this phone. You click the button the LED lights up (to help autofocus in the dark) the lens then will focus whats in the center of the white box. will then turn green (indicating its focused) then the LED will flash then your picture will be taken.

Currently there is no option to turn off auto focus. So the only way around this is to half click your camera to make it autofocus then click down completely when you want the picture to be taken.
    01-26-09 10:21 AM
    Autofocus has nothing to do with why the phone takes so long to take a pic.

I have had phones that also have autofocus.. once the subject is in focus, teh pic is taken instantly.

With the Storm, you focus, press the button, then about 1-2 seconds later the pic is taken.

It has been getting quicker with each SW release.. I have faith that it will get continue to get better!
    01-26-09 11:14 AM
    Well in that case after I half click my camera button the the autofocus is done showing me a green box. Once I click no more then 1/2 second is the picture taken. its been like this since .75 for me.

I dont want to sound like an as$ but let me reword that again. try half pressing on the camera button or if you use the on screen "button" touch it (not click) let the camera auto focus. the white box will turn green once its focus. then fully click. its pretty instant if you did it that way.
    01-26-09 11:25 AM
    My Storm takes about 3 seconds to take a picture. And that's if I auto focus ahead of time.
    01-26-09 10:28 PM
    I've noticed that by simply pressing and quickly releasing, the picture is taken much faster. I noticed myself lagging while pushing the button and blamed the BB. It's instinct to hold the button down, but you shouldn't.
    01-26-09 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD