i called them up today for a replacement and this guy got the nerve to say was it my fault the dust was in the phone, trying his best to blame it on me so i flip the switch and asked him "what do u want me to do? are u insisting me open up my phone and clean the dust due to a flaw in the phone? in about x amount of time dust will accumulate and it will cover it not my entire screen? is that my fault?" he said nothing and told me he will transfer me to the tech i told him my situation and got a replacement =] +1 for the consumer! lol so is the storm gotten any better? this my 2nd replacement...
    02-14-09 09:23 PM
    you'll get them like that from time to time. Everyone's different. If you don't succeed the first time, don't be rude, just say thank you, hang up, and try again. If you're rude there's a chance they'll note your account as such and make your next attempt more difficult
    02-14-09 09:44 PM
    When you have a technical problem, or a problem with a PDA, immediately ask to be transferred to tech. The customer service people mean well, but they are not the people to talk to about technical issues.
    02-14-09 09:50 PM
    I took mine into a store yesterday to complain about dust under my screen and they said there was nothing they could do about it.

What phone number did you call to get a replacement?
    02-14-09 09:59 PM
    we can ask for a replacement phone simply for some dust??????
    02-14-09 10:04 PM
    I took mine into a store yesterday to complain about dust under my screen and they said there was nothing they could do about it.

What phone number did you call to get a replacement?
    Go to another store and be sure you are visiting a corporate store. Make sure to site that it is a known issue. If that doesn't work call CS while in the store and have them transfer you to the data support team. Then make them talk to the in-store reps.
    02-14-09 10:06 PM
    All the storms get specs of dust in them. And the people who say there isnt any in there phone need to get a blacklight and look at the phone. Its not really a big deal. I can see why Verizon wont issue a replacement for this. Alot of people on the other hand, have gotten replacements. But I have herd and seen many people get replacements, and STILL get dust in them. I have 4 Storms and there all the same.
    02-14-09 10:07 PM
    No dust here. And I have a blacklight.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 10:13 PM
    Just wait. Eventually it will make its way in there. I dont have much and can BARELY see it.
    02-14-09 10:16 PM
    I have a little dust. Who cares? You can only see it if your really looking and since the screen clicks so well and is in every other way bad a** I'm keeping it, dust and all. I love my Storm but Verizon let's me upgrade once a year with my price plan and I figure by November 21, 2009 there will be a new Blackberry with VZW so who cares about a little dust? That's just me though.
    02-14-09 10:35 PM
    When you have a technical problem, or a problem with a PDA, immediately ask to be transferred to tech. The customer service people mean well, but they are not the people to talk to about technical issues.
    that would depend on the person you get. I have friends who work in the VZW call centers and I know most of them could spin circles around some of the "tech" folks. it's just that they didn't pass the interview process, or advanced to a senior customer service position or whatever and couldn't apply for tech. just because they are considered tier 1, doesn't mean that all of them are idiots.
    02-14-09 10:36 PM
    You should have asked for that bozo's supervisor and got his/her *** fired for that BS. One less id10t working for VZW. Frack em!
    02-14-09 10:51 PM
    that would depend on the person you get. I have friends who work in the VZW call centers and I know most of them could spin circles around some of the "tech" folks. it's just that they didn't pass the interview process, or advanced to a senior customer service position or whatever and couldn't apply for tech. just because they are considered tier 1, doesn't mean that all of them are idiots.
    I agree with that to a point, but I have to deal with them everyday, so I might just have a little closer perspective.
    02-14-09 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD