What a lot of you guys are saying is NOT necessarily fact.

I have already received 1 replacement phone. (yesterday) It came in full retail packaging sealed and with all items included in the box. the only difference between it and my original is it had a sticker that said 'frubb9530' over the sku. But, this was a new phone.

It still had screen clicking probs so I called again. I asked why I received a refurb unit for a brand new phone. He said they have a program that the send 'certified re-used' phones out to replace problem phones. After your second replacement, the third one WILL be a new one. He had a name for the program, but I left my notes at work.

Now, they are sending me a third phone. Said it will be here tomorrow. I guess we will see if its in a brown box or full retail.
    Last edited by bigfukingtruck; 12-05-08 at 12:36 AM.
    12-05-08 12:02 AM
    They told me my replacement would be shipped out no later than the 15th. I called back and told them that other people are getting their replacements much sooner than the 15th and the lady just told me that they might have been misinformed or something like that. Idk. I got tired of hearing different reasons why that couldn't be true and left it at that. I just need my replacement soon because the dead pixel and unclickable screen is a major annoyance to me.
    12-05-08 12:32 AM
    Since all storm purchases are within 30 days any replacement will be new. No refurb's will be available for awhile as it takes awhile for them to be turned around after being returned by customers.
    12-05-08 12:38 AM
    I will let you know around 1030 today what the device comes in. Should be here in a few hours!
    12-05-08 07:28 AM
    Was able to walk in Best Buy last Monday and snag a Storm. Off the bat, I had rebooting issues (4-5 times a day), screen wasn't very clickable (but thought it was normal), and noticed small scratch/dent (after I got home) where it appeared to have been dropped BEFORE I bought it. Dealt with the issues for over a week because I wanted to like the phone. Called VZW to document the issue in case I needed to return later. They recommended I return the phone to a store and have them ship me a new one (they wouldn't ship me a replacement over the phone?). Same Best Buy had a Storm in stock yesterday, so I swapped out. I watched the store rep open the box so I am fairly sure the new device is not a refurb or return. HUGE difference - night and day in terms of clicking with the new device. I wasn't even 100% sure I had a clicking problem initially because it worked, just tougher to click on edges.

Moral of the story - if you are having any clicking issues at all, or think you may have the issue , swap out for a new device. Typing is so much easier/faster if you have a good device...
    12-05-08 07:43 AM
    I asked the woman striaght out that it needs to be a NEW phone. She said it would be. That being said, she may have no idea!
    12-05-08 07:55 AM
    I think we should have a sticky labeled "Post your 'I ordered my replacement' messages here". really, there are way to many threads stating the same old "I ordered a replacement and they told me...." not trying to be mean, just think we can consolidate all these posts.
    12-05-08 08:23 AM
    If it's within 30 days you are guaranteed a brand new phone for replacement. All you speculators out there that think they only ship refurbished; know your facts before you speak. My replacement was brand new in a factory sealed box, just as if I bought it in the store. Every phone I've ever had with Verizon that has been replaced within the 30 days has always been brand new.

They are starting to ship just the phones in separate boxes for replacements to keep users from having to re-package all of the contents. This cuts down on the accounting nightmare of not crediting the user's account in full due to missing items, such as the charger, battery, memory card, etc. However, this phone is still guaranteed brand new if it's within your 30 days.
    12-05-08 10:35 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD