How do you get your contacts birthdays to show or even alarm from the calendar?
    05-14-09 12:25 PM
    How do you get your contacts birthdays to show or even alarm from the calendar?
    Well if you mean for your birthdays to show on the home screen then you need a today theme and enter the birthday as a calandar item. The alarm is set when you add a new event to your calandar (or edit an existing one). You will see the section titled reminder where you select how much time in advance you want to be notified of said event.
    05-14-09 12:29 PM
    Well if you mean for your birthdays to show on the home screen then you need a today theme and enter the birthday as a calandar item. The alarm is set when you add a new event to your calandar (or edit an existing one). You will see the section titled reminder where you select how much time in advance you want to be notified of said event.
    I entered the birthdays in the contacts information, but I was wanting to know how to get them to either alarm - say 7 days before, or even just to show on my calender
    05-14-09 04:42 PM
    I entered the birthdays in the contacts information, but I was wanting to know how to get them to either alarm - say 7 days before, or even just to show on my calender
    If you added birthdays to your contacts, they should automatically show up in your calendar as all day, recurring events, alarms set. You can then go into the calendar and reset the alarm for whenever you want it to go off (you can program it to go off up to one week before the event).
    05-14-09 04:46 PM
    If you added birthdays to your contacts, they should automatically show up in your calendar as all day, recurring events, alarms set. You can then go into the calendar and reset the alarm for whenever you want it to go off (you can program it to go off up to one week before the event).
    Thats what I expected but they don't
    05-14-09 05:01 PM
    Thats what I expected but they don't
    Go back into the contact... go to the birthday... click on the "Date" button, and set it to None. Save and go back to contact list. Go back into contact, go to the birthday, click on the "None" button, set it to Date. Then re-add the birthday and save. See if it goes into your calendar. Test this with one birthday and see what happens.
    05-14-09 05:13 PM
    that worked - so I guess now I have to do that with all the birthdays and anniversaries?
    05-14-09 05:19 PM
    that worked - so I guess now I have to do that with all the birthdays and anniversaries?
    I'm not sure why you have to go through all of that, but if it worked, then I would say yes. Have you by any chance changed your default calendar recently? Go into your calendar, press the BB/Menu button, and choose "Select Calendar"... is the option set to "Show all"?
    05-14-09 05:23 PM
    yes all is selected
    05-14-09 05:28 PM
    I would say to go ahead and reset all of the birthdays and anniversaries then. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer.

(Maybe... do you sync your BB calendar with your PC using Google Sync or Outlook? Did your birthdays show up in the calendar before and just recently disappeared? Had you synced your phone before that happened?)
    05-14-09 05:58 PM
    Go back into the contact... go to the birthday... click on the "Date" button, and set it to None. Save and go back to contact list. Go back into contact, go to the birthday, click on the "None" button, set it to Date. Then re-add the birthday and save. See if it goes into your calendar. Test this with one birthday and see what happens.
    This is the only way I've been able to get my contact birthdays to show up again in my calendar. I have to do each contact that way, which is a pain. As anyone found a work around or what causes this to happen?
    06-12-09 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD