Hey all,

I've searched high and low, and every thread never seems to get to the answer to my question.....

Is there any way to sync my calendar on Vista (Microsoft Calendar) with the calendar on my Storm? I have been using my desktop calendar since I started using Vista, and recently have just been posting manualy to both. Having learned most of the features on the Storm I was hoping to be able to just drop and sync each day when I return to my PC.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated....Thanks

Craig
    01-24-09 04:33 PM
    funambol.... Check out the myfunambol portal and do some reading.
    01-24-09 05:05 PM
    funambol.... Check out the myfunambol portal and do some reading.
    OK, I looked into funambol, but I don't see how this helps my situation.

All I want is to be able to drop and sync when I get back to my PC to get any changes/additions to my calendar. I'm not looking to have instant updates sent to me, that's what my phone is for if something gets cancelled. I just want to make life easier and not have to manually enter the updates that are added during time away from my PC.

Again thanks for any answers,
    Craig
    01-24-09 09:40 PM
    01-24-09 10:50 PM
    I am not sure what I've done might apply to you, but I think having to sit in front of your computer for sync is not the only option.

If you don't mind utilizing google sync for your Blackberry, google calendar, Thunderbird and some Thunderbird plug-ins, not the Outlook, you'd have yourself a winning combination.

I have the Storm and 2 computers that are synced up perfectly all the time without ever having to whip out the cable.

I can add/change/delete from any, whether it is my PC or Blackberry. For example, I have an appointment at 2 pm tomorrow but all of a sudden, the appointment gets pushed to 4 pm, then I would update it on my Blackberry and voila!, I would have my 2 PCs all synced up a moment later. Vice versa...

Long story short, I think I've found a wireless sync solution without having to have Outlook. I don't use Outlook on purpose because it is too clunky.

Coming from a WM device, I always enjoyed EMOZE client. After switching to a Blackberry I was constantly searching for a way that EMOZE could. I am glad that I don't have to bother being stuck to my computer for syncing all the time.
    Last edited by nabitheking; 01-24-09 at 10:58 PM.
    01-24-09 10:54 PM
    I am not sure what I've done might apply to you, but I think having to sit in front of your computer for sync is not the only option.

If you don't mind utilizing google sync for your Blackberry, google calendar, Thunderbird and some Thunderbird plug-ins, not the Outlook, you'd have yourself a winning combination.

I have the Storm and 2 computers that are synced up perfectly all the time without ever having to whip out the cable.

I can add/change/delete from any, whether it is my PC or Blackberry. For example, I have an appointment at 2 pm tomorrow but all of a sudden, the appointment gets pushed to 4 pm, then I would update it on my Blackberry and voila!, I would have my 2 PCs all synced up a moment later. Vice versa...

Long story short, I think I've found a wireless sync solution without having to have Outlook. I don't use Outlook on purpose because it is too clunky.

Coming from a WM device, I always enjoyed EMOZE client. After switching to a Blackberry I was constantly searching for a way that EMOZE could. I am glad that I don't have to bother being stuck to my computer for syncing all the time.
    A big second to the Google suggestion. Being a Mac user, it's been an absolute godsend for syncing contacts and calendars. Throw in their Calaboration tool and I'm syncing like crazy.
    01-24-09 11:02 PM
    ltrtiger and nabitheking....

Thanks for the responses, I will look into google. I have just used windows mail and calendars for so long it's tough to teach an old dog new tricks

Hopefully this will work well for me and again thanks for the suggestion.

Craig
    01-25-09 09:47 AM
    ltrtiger and nabitheking....

Thanks for the responses, I will look into google. I have just used windows mail and calendars for so long it's tough to teach an old dog new tricks

Hopefully this will work well for me and again thanks for the suggestion.

Craig
    How to Integrate Windows Vista Calendar with Google Calendar

You know in Windows Vista has the calendar application, the best thing about this calendar is you can integrate it with google calendar. I personally use google calendar to list all schedule and to do list, so I can checked it where ever I am. And this Vista new feature is one of the best thing in Vista, because this calendar application can be use be use to subscribe to any iCalendar-based(.ics) Calendar, to subscribe to online calendar, you�ll need to grab the calendar�s address. Here�s how you can subscribe with Google Calendar

Connect to Google calendar and click the setting link on the top-right
    Click the calendar tab and click the calendar to which you�d like to subscribe.
    On the �calendar Details� tab in the �Private Address� section, right click the ICAL button and select �Copy link location� or �Copy shortcut�
    Open Windows calendar and click the subscribe button
    Paste (ctrl+V) the google calendar address into the �Calendar to subscribe to� box and click next
    After few moments, the connection will be made and you can then provide a name for the calendar and set other option . Set the interval to an hour or less to make sure that your calendar includes the latest from Google calendar, then click �Finish�
    Once you subscribe you can set the color for each of calendar, its good to identify where that schedules come from.

I checked it out and it works, I also use it to keep my contact base on 2 BB's plus my email client (Gmail) current. Works well. Hope this works for you.

Stephen
    01-25-09 10:12 AM
    Traveling_Man....THANK YOU!

That's EXACTLY what I want and need. Makes life easier for my wife to update my calendar on Vista , and it will sync to my BB easily as well....THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!!!

Thank you,

Craig
    01-25-09 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD