Please help
    I know that I am going to get tons of crap for asking a question that should be simple, but I have searched the forums and have TRIED EVERY solution listed.

I have spoken to BB Tech support and after two guys failed, they told me that it was the problem of MS Outlook and I'd have to contact them, making my BB useless for me (as I told them).

This all started a month or so ago when I was having various problems with my Storm after upgrading to OS 328.
    A new Storm was shipped to me and coincidentally, I had just bought a new Dell computer running Windows Vista (just like my previous system).
    I imported all of my settings (email accounts,etc) to the new computer. I use Outlook 2007.

Immediately, it wouldn't sync my email/calendar/contacts from MS Outlook. I kept receiving the "no available message stores" error message.

I did tremendous research and tried every trick I saw, including removing Outlook, reinstalling it, deleting the .pst files and creating new ones, deleting a .dll file and having the fixmap program make a new one, deleting mail profiles,etc.

Another thing, my "default" email is a hotmail account. I do not care about publishing the calendar/contacts online nor sharing them and I only need the calendar/contacts to synch my BB to my personal computer running Outlook.

I am willing to associate the calendar with another email account, i.e. gmail, yahoo, or any others if that would make a difference (which I've tried to do unsuccessfully).

Sorry for being verbose, but I hope that this explains everything. I've tried many things and am frustrated.

Basically, I've been told by RIM that they do not support Outlook since the hotmail connector has been added as it supersedes the DM. They insisted that it wouldn't work at all, but I pointed out that it worked on my previous Storm (and they didn't seem to believe me). We even tried setting up a separate profile for just the BB calendar, but that didn't work.
    PS I've configured and re-configured everything in DM every possible way, numerous times.
    Last edited by MartinRW; 11-30-09 at 11:21 PM.
    11-27-09 12:23 PM
    I' ve been having a similar problem since the OS was updated on my smart phone (how do I find out which version is on my bb?) when I run sync the app freezes on synchronizing calendar - I have to reboot. I only have one calendar account which is listed correctly under my options. I don't have facebook loaded, or at least it's not on my desktop (or hidden icons).

Please someone reply!
    11-28-09 07:44 AM
    I' ve been having a similar problem since the OS was updated on my smart phone (how do I find out which version is on my bb?) when I run sync the app freezes on synchronizing calendar - I have to reboot. I only have one calendar account which is listed correctly under my options. I don't have facebook loaded, or at least it's not on my desktop (or hidden icons).

Please someone reply!
    Can anyone help me? Please. I really need urgent help and RIM wasn't able to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 11:19 PM
    You might try going to backup/restore in DM and clear all of the callendar entries and then try to sync again. This worked for me sometime in the past, but I have not had a problem using sync with Outlook since I installed 5.0
    12-01-09 11:24 AM
    I haven't been able to sync my Calendar with Outlook since I upgraded to Vista and neither has my wife. I currently use a Storm, but had the same issue with my 8830 WE, and my wife uses a Curve. I haven't been able to find a fix on this site or any other site. Hopefully when I upgrade to Win7 that will fix things because know one on here has a clue.
    12-01-09 11:58 AM
    You might try going to backup/restore in DM and clear all of the callendar entries and then try to sync again. This worked for me sometime in the past, but I have not had a problem using sync with Outlook since I installed 5.0
    This doesn't help if the information you want to sync is on your blackberry. i have all of my calendar entries in my blackberry and can't sync them to outlook.
    12-01-09 11:59 AM
    I had the same issue...Outlook wouldn't sync. There is a post on here about deleting some files but I can't remember what the files are. I'm thinking it's any service book listed as CCAL.

You can also check Options/Advanced Options/Default Services to make certain your correct email address is listed. Sometimes, when installing Facebook, it hijacks your Default Services address.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific..try a search for "Outlook Sync Problems" BTW, I'd suggest getting another email service. MS charges to sync Hotmail to your Outlook email...which sux! Try Gmail...it's a good FREE email service and syncs seamlessly with MSOutlook.
    Last edited by Sailmaker; 12-01-09 at 12:55 PM.
    12-01-09 12:52 PM
    12-01-09 01:47 PM
    This doesn't help if the information you want to sync is on your blackberry. i have all of my calendar entries in my blackberry and can't sync them to outlook.
    You are correct, my suggestion will not work if you are trying to sync from Blackberry to the computer, but the post I was answering did not specify which way the sync was not working.
    12-01-09 02:00 PM
    Not sure if you have a Hotmail Plus account, but if you do, the following link shows how to configure Outlook to retrieve your Hotmail account as a POP account (I am not sure if this is still an option since MS has made changes to the hotmail settings). This should store the emails in the proper format, and may allow you to get rid of the hotmail connector. I am not sure if you are also retrieving your calendar and contacts from your hotmail account as well, if you are then this probably is of no use. But if you are maintaining your calendar and contacts on your BB and in Outlook, and are just synching your email messages from hotmail to Outlook using the Hotmail connector, this may be an option.

How to Access Windows Live Hotmail with Outlook - About Email
    12-01-09 02:02 PM
    Although I am not having a problem using Outlook 2007, Vista 32 bit and the 5.0.0.328 OS, I am wondering if someone is willing to try this:

1 Using DM, make a backup of your data. Be sure to choose the option to backup all data so that the calendar, address book and email are included.

2. Go to Backup/Restore>Advanced and clear the calendar entries. You should be OK because you can restore from the backup if you need too.

3. Try doing a sync from the computer to the blackberry to see if it works. If it does, then do a restore from the backup you made and then try to sync from the blackberry to the computer.

Who knows what the isssue is, but maybe by being creative it can be solved.
    12-01-09 02:23 PM
    sorry, but that link doesn't help. That link only tells how to configure the phone's email application. Plus, I think that will only work for those who pay for Yahoo's mobile access.
    12-02-09 01:07 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I believe that I've tried that.

At this point, I've deleted all the CICAL entries in the service books and would gladly delete all the data (except the calendar entries) and start over, but I can't even figure out what files are not corrupt and the proper "calendar" to use as apparently, I have multiple "calendars" (from each email account and facebook).

How exactly do I import the calendar data (currently linked to a hotmail account apparently) into Outlook after I delete all the accounts and start over? And what do I use as the default calendar? Must that be linked to an email account?
    12-02-09 01:12 AM
    Not sure if you have a Hotmail Plus account, but if you do, the following link shows how to configure Outlook to retrieve your Hotmail account as a POP account (I am not sure if this is still an option since MS has made changes to the hotmail settings). This should store the emails in the proper format, and may allow you to get rid of the hotmail connector. I am not sure if you are also retrieving your calendar and contacts from your hotmail account as well, if you are then this probably is of no use. But if you are maintaining your calendar and contacts on your BB and in Outlook, and are just synching your email messages from hotmail to Outlook using the Hotmail connector, this may be an option.

My S1 syncs flawlessly with OL2007 on Vista64. My wife has the same results with her PC (OL2007/Vista64). I only sync Calendar, Tasks, and Contacts but my defalut OL setup is to my POP email acct. In regards to email, I don't sync email. I let my BB get email directly from my pop acct (It usually gets it faster!) but I have it set to leave a copy online so OL can get new emails as well.

If you follow the link BigDaddy provided and search the page it mentions, "Outlook Connector does not make Windows Live Hotmail and Office Live available for other programs". This is most likely why the BB DM can't interface with the Outlook data stores to sync. I bet the Hotmail connector is like a IMAP setup where all email remains online but the local email data (copied from online) is not accessible to BB DM.

IMP you should try setting up Outlook with a Hotmail POP connection as described by BigDaddy.
    12-02-09 11:08 AM

I'm not using Hotmail Plus. I do not need to retrieve calendar and contacts from hotmail (or any other account).

At this point, I want the simplest solution to sync my calendar between MS Outlook 2007 and my BB. I can associate it with any email account (if its required).
    12-02-09 11:16 AM
    My S1 syncs flawlessly with OL2007 on Vista64. My wife has the same results with her PC (OL2007/Vista64). I only sync Calendar, Tasks, and Contacts but my defalut OL setup is to my POP email acct. In regards to email, I don't sync email. I let my BB get email directly from my pop acct (It usually gets it faster!) but I have it set to leave a copy online so OL can get new emails as well.

If you follow the link BigDaddy provided and search the page it mentions, "Outlook Connector does not make Windows Live Hotmail and Office Live available for other programs". This is most likely why the BB DM can't interface with the Outlook data stores to sync. I bet the Hotmail connector is like a IMAP setup where all email remains online but the local email data (copied from online) is not accessible to BB DM.

IMP you should try setting up Outlook with a Hotmail POP connection as described by BigDaddy.
    It used to work flawlessly for me too! I don't have Hotmail Plus, so I can't do it that way.
    12-02-09 11:18 AM
    Just a thought....

Do you have any calandar appointments that are set to reoccur? Meaning, a birthdate that is set to reoccur yearly? If so is there a end date on it? Outlook will allow you to do this with no end date....this can cause issues with syncing. If this is the case you may want to go in, and edit your reoccurring appointments so they have a end date....ALL of them. Give that a shot if nothing else is getting you anywhere.
    12-02-09 12:02 PM
    This was posted earlier, but try going to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services and set the calendar option (the first one) to the account you want to sync with, for example Outlook.
    12-03-09 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD