I use my outlook calendar for tax purposes.

When I sync my storm now it only shows the future events on my outlook calendar. It has deleted all past events even though I specified to keep all events when setting up the sync manager.

Anyone have any idea if this could be caused by a setting on my BB? This happened in .85 and still continues in .86. It has also happened on multiple computers.
    01-13-09 11:34 PM
    Double check you settings because I sync my storm with outlook using DM and it has kept past events.

Open up DM and click the Synchronize icon. Now go to Synchronization under configure and then click synchronization in the right window. Click the Calendar icon and click setup. In the setup window click Microsoft Outlook then next. Select a 2 way sync and click next. Now on this screen make sure "Transfer all scheduled items" is selected, click next, followed by finish. Do a practice sync and then tell me what happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 12:02 AM
    Yes, I followed those settings exact. It used to work correctly with my curve. Really strange.

When it completes the sync, it wants me to accept that it is deleting my past events.

For example:

174 deletions
    12 additions
    4 changes
    01-14-09 01:00 AM
    That is strange that it would be doing that. I just tested it on mine by creating appointments for the first day of January 2008 and 2009 and both synced to the device. I then did a sync again and they stayed on the device. I removed the January 2008 appointment from the storm and the January 2009 appointment from outlook and they were removed from both locations without a problem. It has to be a problem with DM because the only thing in the calendar for past events is the option for how long to keep appointments and I have mine set to 15 days but was still able to add and keep those two events without a problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 01:19 AM
    When you get to that screen click re-sync and it shoudl run it through again and give you the option to add all the previous events to your handheld.
    01-14-09 01:33 AM
    That fixed it. Thanks so much for the help!
    01-14-09 11:06 PM
    Hey everyone, I know i'm late coming into this thread but I just got a personal blackberry and am having problems syncing with multiple computers and your posts are close to what I am having an issue.

I having the new 8900 Curve and use desktop manager to sync with my personal computer and also with my work computer. The intial sync with my work dowloaded a ton of data it seemed to be working find on everything except calendar. After I sync at home and then bring to sync back at the office, it wants to delete all 5 years of calendar history. I don't want the old data at work or at home to be deleted only new data sync'd. Can't figure it out and this is above TMobile's capability.

If anyone has a suggestion - i would be grateful!
    03-27-09 02:00 PM
    Hey everyone, I know i'm late coming into this thread but I just got a personal blackberry and am having problems syncing with multiple computers and your posts are close to what I am having an issue.

I having the new 8900 Curve and use desktop manager to sync with my personal computer and also with my work computer. The intial sync with my work dowloaded a ton of data it seemed to be working find on everything except calendar. After I sync at home and then bring to sync back at the office, it wants to delete all 5 years of calendar history. I don't want the old data at work or at home to be deleted only new data sync'd. Can't figure it out and this is above TMobile's capability.

If anyone has a suggestion - i would be grateful!
    The way you have your DM set it "wants" your home PC's calendar and your work PC's calendar to look the same. Depending on where you started first your DM thinks it either needs to delete extra stuff or add. In your case it seems to be wanting to delete.

In the sync settings of your DM, you have your calendar items set to transfer all scheduled items. That means past and present. I had something similar happen and I set my DM sync setting to transfer only future items. The history in this case is ignored.
    03-27-09 03:04 PM
    Thanks Briman for quick response. I am making progress but now another problem. I cleared my phone to re-sync calendar using only future data. When I switch from one computer to the other, it wants to delete all "yearly" calendar reoccurance items. In otherwords, I have a ton of birthdays listed within outlook. Home computer sync'd to phone , then when I moved to work calendar, it wants to delete all the the birthdays and the only thing I can find in common is that they are yearly reoccurances.

Suggestions on a fix for that problem?
    03-27-09 07:25 PM
    I am having the same problem. I found in the synchronization advanced set up on DM that there is a mapping available. However, there is nothing to map all day reoccurring events to the device.
    Anyone that can help would be great! Last time I did a sync my BB took the data from outlook and I lost all of it on Outlook. I tried to sync all the data back, but can't due to the mapping problem, HELP!
    04-15-09 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD