So, first time BlackBerry user here. Just got my Storm on Friday and I think I'm hooked. Wife isn't as excited, thinks I'm going to be sucked into it, but when I showed her streaming video from youtube, I think I bought myself a stay of execution! Thank you to all users. I have picked up so many tips and tricks in such a short time. Really shortens the learning curve!

I'm having a problem with syncing calendar items from my Storm to Outlook. No fancy enterprise server or anything, just standard Outlook 2007 on Vista. I can get events onto the device from my laptop but whenever I try to sync something from the handheld to Outlook, Desktop Manager essentially blows up. Really, I just get an error saying "Blackberry Desktop Manager has stopped working". Cites that a problem caused this program to stop working. Does not offer an error message or any potential solutions. Happens when it tries to "Process the device calendar"... not sure if that helps.

Anyone out there having a similar problem? Any suggestions? I've uninstalled and reinstalled from the CD provided and downloaded the most recent version from blackberry.com. But, not enough of a techie to figure out the next step and can't find any posts on the issue.

Thanks so much!
    11-27-08 09:46 PM
    Come on... no one experiencing the same problem? No helps?
    11-30-08 04:28 PM
    Yay! Someone else with the same problem! I have the exact same setup as you. Outlook2007 on a laptop running Vista x86 business. Sync works for everything but runs into a brick wall at the calendar. Not very useful, considering I use the calendar all day and need the updates. Also the fact that DM completely crashes as a result makes sync totally worthless at this point.

Oh, and I have Office 2007 on my desktop running Vista 64 and it does the same thing, so I'm pretty sure it's the device itself. Thinking of looking at the Omnia, now that it is the exact same price as the Storm. Honestly, never had this many problems with a new toy.

Did you ever get your issue resolved?
    12-02-08 04:23 AM
    error code 0x8004fd2b.check document.

Never had this problem until I installed DM 4.5 then DM 4.7 now back to DM4.3 but still have the same problem????

Please help as my calendar on my phone is useless!!!
    12-02-08 05:53 AM
    Same problem here...just started since I have been on the .75 OS.
    12-02-08 07:30 AM
    Abbott,

Still having the issue. Honestly haven't had time to try to resolve it. Hate not having my calendar though. Might have to wait until the Christmas holiday until I can focus on it. Actually, deep down I'm hoping the new software release will fix it!
    12-02-08 12:21 PM
    Folks

I don't have a solution, but i do have a workaround that in my opinion works brilliantly. Using Google calendar you can, quickly and easily, setup a sync that will (via G-calendar) sync your Outlook to your device over the air (using google as a go between). Once its setup there is nothing more to do; the sync will happen as often as you like.

Google Calendar Sync:
    Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Calendar Help Center

Instructions are fairly straight forward. The only caveat is that the google calendar/sync are beta'ish, so the occasional item may not sync. For me it was only on the original sync that I saw any missed items, and it was only two recurring meetings I hadn't setup. Since that point I've had good luck.

Not a fix, or even a total solution, but certainly better then nothing.
    12-02-08 12:41 PM
    Thanks Midnight. Love the concept.
    12-02-08 01:56 PM
    I had the same problem, i do believe its a known problem that bb doesn't yet support outlook 2007.

I also use Google sync, and its pretty good. Only thing is that it doesn't sync my recurring events.
    12-02-08 06:11 PM
    why does it also ask for sync manager to be instlled on device???\

how do i do that?
    12-08-08 05:28 AM
    I had the same problem, i do believe its a known problem that bb doesn't yet support outlook 2007.

I am still waiting for my Storm. However I have been using a VZ Pearl since they were first offered syncing to Outlook 2007. Outlook 2007 works fine.

Small hijack> Except the pearl keeps trying to delete appointments on Outlook more the ~3 months old. I just tell it to sync forwards only.
    12-08-08 06:29 AM
    Go to Desktop Mananger/Backup and Restore/Advanced/Device Databases/Calendar AND Calendar All/Clear

Once you've done this resync your bb
    12-08-08 06:33 AM
    Go to Desktop Mananger/Backup and Restore/Advanced/Device Databases/Calendar AND Calendar All/Clear

It works, Thanks a bunch. I was having the same problem after updating to .75 (official) running Vista and Office 2007.
    12-08-08 08:19 AM

I also use Google sync, and its pretty good. Only thing is that it doesn't sync my recurring events.
    I have Vista 64 Business and Outlook 2007 and I am having no problems at all syncing my Storm to both my laptop and desktop.
    12-08-08 09:34 AM
    ...Small hijack> Except the pearl keeps trying to delete appointments on Outlook more the ~3 months old. I just tell it to sync forwards only.
    Did you tell the calendar not to delete old stuff?
    Calendar -- Options -- at bottom Keep Appointments = forever

Also, Google Sync just put out a new version today
    12-08-08 10:00 AM
    Folks

I don't have a solution, but i do have a workaround that in my opinion works brilliantly. Using Google calendar you can, quickly and easily, setup a sync that will (via G-calendar) sync your Outlook to your device over the air (using google as a go between). Once its setup there is nothing more to do; the sync will happen as often as you like.

Google Calendar Sync:
    Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Calendar Help Center

Instructions are fairly straight forward. The only caveat is that the google calendar/sync are beta'ish, so the occasional item may not sync. For me it was only on the original sync that I saw any missed items, and it was only two recurring meetings I hadn't setup. Since that point I've had good luck.

Not a fix, or even a total solution, but certainly better then nothing.
    Hello, I used this suggestion and thought it was great but I have this issue now where 3 of the same appointment show up (because this creates 3 calendars - Default, Gmail and Desktop). Is there a way to just get a specific calendar to always show up instead of all 3. I go into options and "Show All" is clicked so I click on the calendar I want but then it just goes right back to "Show All" when I go out of calendar and back in. Also, I tried to do a permanent change (I don't remember exactly where I went to do this) where it gives you an option for a default calendar but it doesn't just go to that calendar. It always comes up with ALL calendars.

Any help on a fix would be wonderful.
    12-08-08 10:42 AM
    Anyone having problems getting the verification code from google? It syncs great with my outlook, but can't get it to go through to my Storm becuase I can't get the verification code to come through. It said that if you just ported your number, it might not work and to try back in a few weeks! As all blackberry users, I'm not that patient. Need Information NOW!!! I just ported my phone number to Verizon 2 weeks ago. Anyone else having the same issue? I'll try the new version of Google Calendar that Cliffr mentioned just came out, but I'm guessing it will be the same problem.

Also, just updated the software over the weekend and still having the issue. Another guy in my office has Office 2007 on WinXP and his calendar syncs just fine. Not sure why mine is so special...
    12-08-08 10:57 AM

Worked. You deserve a hug.
    12-09-08 01:20 AM
    Hi Sconnii

I have done as you said.

I then tried to sync and my DM just dissappers?????

Dam I have updates some time.

Any luck with this one>???

Please
    12-09-08 05:04 AM
    hi Sconnii

I did what you said and looks good,except now when I try to sync my Dm closes itself and disappers????
    12-09-08 05:15 AM
    I now have a screen while trying to sync saying "task in progress" below it says

"connected to JVM"

Not sure what that means but it has been like this for a few mintues now and no movement???
    12-09-08 05:36 AM
    well im hard starting my BB and also again restarting my laptop.hopefully that will do something!!
    12-09-08 05:46 AM
    try uninstalling your dm/restart computer/reload dm/restart computer/try using....
    12-09-08 06:10 AM
    I've tried clearing the databases and for some reason I still don't get my device dates sync'd to my outlook on my desktop. It will sync outlook to my phone, and I can CHANGE a meeting on my phone and it will change in my outlook, but it won't ADD new meetings in my Outlook from my device???
    12-09-08 08:21 AM
    have you checked your settings for outlook sync in DM
    12-09-08 11:39 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD