Help!! I'm not sure what's causing this, but twice now I've lost all my past, non-repeating calendar entries. Anyone else having this problem or know what might be causing it?

It doesn't coincide with changing OSs. I do run logMaid, but I've had that for a while and the calendar has only been an issue twice...Doesn't seem like it coincides with putting on a new app or a (very, very infrequent) lock up.

I kinda like having my old entries in place, anyone know what's going on here?
    04-17-09 03:19 PM
    Open calendar, hit BB button, select options, click on general options, scroll down to keep appointments, and set to foreever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 03:25 PM
    It's already set to 'forever' but thanks for the try!!
    04-17-09 03:29 PM
    check app mem, if its low, its possible that your phone might be deleting stuff to save memory? clear call logs and messages, anything non-essential. i'd also suggest a backup/sync soon as well...
    04-17-09 03:33 PM
    Well then, BB's will start deleting old items (calendar, messages, tasks, etc, but not in that order) when you run low on memory, or so I've read. Maybe free up some memory by getting rid of stuff you don't use. I've got nearly 2000 entries in my calendar and they stick around wth no problem. Don't know what else to tell ya.

Oh, do you loose 'em after sync'ing with your PC?

04-17-09 03:38 PM
    Help!! I'm not sure what's causing this, but twice now I've lost all my past, non-repeating calendar entries. Anyone else having this problem or know what might be causing it?

It doesn't coincide with changing OSs. I do run logMaid, but I've had that for a while and the calendar has only been an issue twice...Doesn't seem like it coincides with putting on a new app or a (very, very infrequent) lock up.

I kinda like having my old entries in place, anyone know what's going on here?
    Are you matching with Outlook on your PC?
    and is the Outlook archiving?
    If so, how is your conflict resolution setup?

You can set different conflict resolution options for contacts, calendar entries, tasks, and memos.
    Connect your BlackBerry� device to your computer.
    Open the BlackBerry� Desktop Manager.
    Click Synchronize.
    In the left pane, click Configure > Synchronization.
    Click Synchronization.
    Select the check box beside an organizer application.
    Click Advanced.
    Click the tab for the organizer application.
    Click Conflict Resolution.
    Select a conflict resolution option.
    Click OK.
    04-17-09 03:49 PM
    I don't sync with my PC. It's all stand alone on the phone...
    04-17-09 03:50 PM
    i had same problem. i had conflicting calendars and or a corrupt calendar file. i dont know how to tell you to fix it. just what i did. i call BB and they walked me through a wipe of the phone and resetup the "default" calendar. anyway, it was confusing but the problem is solved now. But make sure you back up your phone if you end up needing to wipe it.
    04-18-09 12:33 AM
    My instructions will allow you to clear your calendar then resync.

04-18-09 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD