Hi,

I am in India and just absolutely love this phone - unfortunately it isnt available here.

My brother lives in the US and I was hoping that he could buy the phone (for 200 USD) and then after a few days or weeks cancel the contract - and pay 175 $ termination fee - and then pass on the phone to me ...

Some questions for the experts out there.

1- Is it as simple as I mentioned above ? (I would end up getting the phone for 375 USD + monthly charge + tax etc - I still would have to unlock the phone though)

2- If what I mentioned is possible, what are some of the things I should keep in mind to avoid paying few hundred $$ more for the retail price ?
    12-04-08 10:38 AM
    If your brother has a family plan and can get it using a corporate discount, you might get it a little cheaper:
    Add an additional line for $10/month for one year. For employee discounts, the price difference between 2 year and 1 year is around $30-$40 instead of $80.

Keep the Storm on that account for a day, and then activate an old phone on that line: you get your shiny new Storm, your brother gets a "free" additional line for a year - no cancellation required.
    Problems are:
    - if he doesn't have family plan, it'll cost a lot more to convert to family plan.
    - if he can't get it cheap for a 1 year contract using employee/corp discount, it's cheaper to get it for 2 years and just cancel

This is just an idea -- I did that last year to get BB Pearl for myself quickly and gave the new line to my brother.
    12-04-08 11:11 AM
    You just need to keep the line for 30 days. Then you can cancel and pay the ETF. If you try to cancel before that. You'll be needing to go to the store and return it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD