Hi there,

I've noticed that my buttons (hardware buttons on the bottom) and my screen touch seems to be slowing getting harder and harder to press and have work to get around my phone. Sometimes I press (hard!) numerous times on either of them and nothing happens. I have to keep doing this over and over again, never used to be this hard of a touch. I've tried this both with and without the dime sitting inside on top of the battery.

What's your suggestion on the best way to handle this, call VZ or go to the store I got it from? Is this a repair job, a replacement or ??? It's a Storm I, thanks.

Deb
    11-12-09 03:45 AM
    Yup that was happening to mine too. I got rid of it for a new Bold 9700 It works like it should im very pleased.
    11-12-09 04:07 AM
    I can still type very fast with the firm click, and this can be controlled from the OS, so I believe RIM will either make the click softer, or give us the ability to control firmness in the future.
    11-12-09 04:14 AM
    Hi there,

I've noticed that my buttons (hardware buttons on the bottom) and my screen touch seems to be slowing getting harder and harder to press and have work to get around my phone. Sometimes I press (hard!) numerous times on either of them and nothing happens. I have to keep doing this over and over again, never used to be this hard of a touch. I've tried this both with and without the dime sitting inside on top of the battery.

What's your suggestion on the best way to handle this, call VZ or go to the store I got it from? Is this a repair job, a replacement or ??? It's a Storm I, thanks.

Deb
    Profile says 9530 yet you are posting in the 9550, which device are you referring to?
    11-12-09 04:20 AM
    I'm so sorry, got my numbers messed up. The profile should be right, I just looked in the "About" on my phone. 9530
    Last edited by debsbb; 11-12-09 at 05:15 AM.
    11-12-09 05:09 AM
    Yup that was happening to mine too. I got rid of it for a new Bold 9700 It works like it should im very pleased.
    I'm happy for you that you got a phone you really like. I however, love my Storm and don't want a Bold or anything else, but I need my Storm to work right.

My question was as I'm assuming a software upgrade to v5 isn't going to fix what appears to be a hardware issue, so for best results should I visit the store or call VZW and will they repair it or replace it? Those are what I need answers to. I'm not out to force VZW to give me a Storm 2 replacing my Storm 1, but if they want to I'm certainly not going to complain
    11-12-09 05:13 AM
    I'm happy for you that you got a phone you really like. I however, love my Storm and don't want a Bold or anything else, but I need my Storm to work right.

My question was as I'm assuming a software upgrade to v5 isn't going to fix what appears to be a hardware issue, so for best results should I visit the store or call VZW and will they repair it or replace it? Those are what I need answers to. I'm not out to force VZW to give me a Storm 2 replacing my Storm 1, but if they want to I'm certainly not going to complain
    There are many screen click fixes out there.

-dot sticker
    -torx screw loosen
    -business card
    -dime

Personally i would try the business card and/or torx screw fixes and if that doesnt help call CS and have them send you a replacement device. I would advice not going through a store if at all possible! They are nothing but problems
    11-12-09 01:24 PM
    There are many screen click fixes out there.

-dot sticker
    -torx screw loosen
    -business card
    -dime

Personally i would try the business card and/or torx screw fixes and if that doesnt help call CS and have them send you a replacement device. I would advice not going through a store if at all possible! They are nothing but problems
    I agree that you should give this a try first as opposed to contacting vzw about it just yet.

I did the torx screw fix when it was first suggested and it's been awesome ever since and I can type lengthy emails very fast without problems. 3/4 loosening turn on each of the two screws made all the difference for me. No need for any of the other fixes.
    11-12-09 03:59 PM
    Try to get it replaced. You shouldn't have to do hardware adjustments on your phone. You have to be within your 30 days so I'd exchange it.
    11-12-09 04:11 PM
    I'm so sorry, got my numbers messed up. The profile should be right, I just looked in the "About" on my phone. 9530
    Did everyone miss this? She is in the Storm2 threads, but she has a Storm1. Everyone is trying to fix her bicycle with car parts...
    11-12-09 04:22 PM
    Did everyone miss this? She is in the Storm2 threads, but she has a Storm1. Everyone is trying to fix her bicycle with car parts...
    This is true, but the fixes being provided are correct for the S1... Everyone understands that the op just accidentally came into the wrong forum. It's easy to do I have done it a ton of times!
    11-12-09 04:37 PM
    <action>Waving Mod Stick</action> Chill out you two! Lets get back on track helping the OP.
    11-12-09 10:04 PM
    Hi there,

Deb
    same thing is happening with my s1. ive done all the fixes and nothing seems to make the screen click better. ive gone through about 5 storms and i dont know if i wanna go through another 5 trying to get one to click at all (3 of the storms i got wouldnt click in one of the corners).
    11-12-09 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD