is there any way possible that while im on a phone call, i can lock the keys so that i wont be pressing mute and whatever other buttons my head comes in contact with? i answer a call and try to press the manual lock button on the top of the phone and it doesnt do anything...i am constantly pressing buttons by accident and losing calls either because im hitting mute or something else....please help me!!
    05-04-09 04:47 PM
    Third thread today like this...lol

Search ScreenLock
    05-04-09 04:49 PM
    I Hate To Be This Guy But This Thread Is Running As We Speak Come On Ill Try And Help Anyone But Lets Not Be Lazy.
    05-04-09 05:04 PM
    I have one word for you: Stormslider!!!
    05-04-09 05:06 PM
    Patternlock
    05-04-09 06:01 PM
    Patternlock
    Doesn't activate on calls
    05-04-09 06:15 PM
    Doesn't activate on calls
    Yes it does. Go to patternlock options/Call Screen Lock/Enable:immediately
    05-04-09 06:17 PM
    I'll add Storm Lock.
    05-04-09 06:29 PM
    Another option if you don't want to add any programs is to just press the back button next to the BB menu button and it will prompt you to return to home screen and either continue or end the phone call.
    05-04-09 06:50 PM
    good option lincoln...

honestly i can say i've fat fingered some buttons on this phone, but i've never had any issues with my face hitting buttons. are you guys squeezing the phone between your face/shoulder to cause this or is this something you do while holding it in your hand?

i hold my phone, if i need my hands, i use the included headphones. when holding with my hand i tilt the phone away from my face anyway, the keys pull my whiskers and it hurts
    05-04-09 07:00 PM
    You never talk on the phone while doing other studdh your hands? Come on now. Storm lock works great. I am surprised the screen lock issue hasn't been addressed in any of the leaks yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 07:48 PM
    Nice spelling eh? Ah, SureType.

05-04-09 07:48 PM
    You never talk on the phone while doing other studdh your hands? Come on now. Storm lock works great. I am surprised the screen lock issue hasn't been addressed in any of the leaks yet.

i use the headset if i'm multi tasking. thats why it is included
    05-04-09 07:56 PM
    At first I didn't see all the hype about Talklock, I just thougt "Don't press your cheek hard to the phone." Until about 2 weeks into owning the phone a kept getting, "Hello?, Hello?" from the other end, yep I had muted my call. Would have been much more of an issue if the calls were urgent, but I now use talklock. The back button thing I found on accident today actually. I called an automated system and once into the elevator music I wanted speaker phone but all I had was the keypad, naturally I hit back and was prompted to go to the home screen.
    05-04-09 09:36 PM
    I will NEVER get how people push buttons on a call
    I don't french kiss my storm while im talking on it.
    In fact, the screen never touches my face, just like every other mobile device I had, I always keep the speaker to my ear, and the rest of the phone away from my face, it keeps it clean, and maintains a good mic level for the other party. And yes, you dont push buttons when you sponge your face with it.
    05-05-09 02:30 AM
    In fact, the screen never touches my face, just like every other mobile device I had, I always keep the speaker to my ear, and the rest of the phone away from my face, it keeps it clean, and maintains a good mic level for the other party. And yes, you dont push buttons when you sponge your face with it.
    Simple answer ... accidentally.
    05-05-09 07:54 AM
    Never....?

Really?

05-05-09 09:07 AM
    You never hold the phone with your shoulder?

05-05-09 09:20 AM
    I've hit the mute button numerous times while just holding the phone to my ear with my hand. I don't press it all up against my face and everything, but as you move around it just happens. So I guess I have pressed buttons as I "sponge" my face with my phone. If you don't suffer from this problem then you are fortunate, however that doesn't mean others don't do it by accident. Try being a little more supportive and helpful in your posts.

As was mentioned, a number of apps support this feature: Talklock, stormlock, patternlock, stormslider, etc.
    05-05-09 09:48 AM
    Free apps:

StormLocker OTA : http://www.joekrill.com/stormlocker/ota/

ScreenLock OTA : NaNNa BoaT!

There are paid apps as well like TalkLock and PatterLock.

Do a search and you can figure out which one works best for you.
    05-05-09 11:09 AM
    Download a third party app like storm lock
    05-05-09 11:47 AM
    Yes it does. Go to patternlock options/Call Screen Lock/Enable:immediately
    Pattern lock is the great!

05-05-09 11:51 AM
    Patternlock works wonders... Even keeps my bratty nephew out of my phone...

05-05-09 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD