Just bought a new storm... Does every1 have to pay 2.99 a month for visual voice mail... and or is there another way to check v-mail.... One last thing ... I deleated all my voice messages but theres still an icon at the top of the screen... Any help would be welcomed... Thanks
    12-18-08 07:08 PM
    With VZ as far as i know you have to pay 2.99 per month if you want to use that....

It seems like a lot of people get this... just keep checking... check missed calls, bb messenger alerts.. sms/mms... look at the messages folder and make sure everything is unchecked because ALL actions go in there
    12-18-08 07:10 PM
    $2.99.. more nickels and dimes from Verizon.
    12-18-08 07:12 PM
    For the message indicator check your call log for a missed call that may not have been viewed or a txt message.

If you don't want visual voicemail you can always just get your voicemail by dialing in and listening to it normally like you would with any normal cell phone. The visual voicemail just makes it easier to view and listen to messages. Personally, I like it because you can select messages directly without having to go through others, so I don't mind paying the $3/month.
    12-18-08 07:15 PM
    You can skip the VISUAL Voice Mail and just have "regular" voicemail...where you have to call in, type in your password, and listen to the messages, in order.
    12-18-08 07:15 PM
    ^ Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.
    12-18-08 07:18 PM
    for the icon problem you actually have to call verizon and do the following:

1. have them turn off the vvm on their end for you
    2. have them send you a vm (better if you call from another phone)
    3. You have to get that vm and delete it and then
    4. have them turn the vvm back on again.

there is some glitch associated with activating both the phone and vvm so close to one another that makes the message icon a permanent fixture on the home screen.

Good luck!
    12-18-08 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD