So, I noticed something very odd when I looked at my messages this morning. The date of my first two messages, the ones I received when I first activated my phone on Friday, are appearing under a Feb 28th, 2006 heading. Weird...

Anyone else notice anything similar?

11-23-08 09:44 AM
    ha...same hear....leap year?
    11-23-08 09:47 AM
    Seems to be a date error on the BIS server more than a bug in the storm.
    11-23-08 09:51 AM
    possibly they started to make the storm in 2006 and never changed the date? I have no idea. Same thing happened to me though, I thought it was strange.
    11-23-08 09:57 AM
    possibly they started to make the storm in 2006 and never changed the date? I have no idea. Same thing happened to me though, I thought it was strange.
    Does it still have the 2006 date, or has it changed?
    11-23-08 09:58 AM
    it has changed on mine, not sure what I did though lol
    11-23-08 10:01 AM
    Did you put the date/time into NETWORK mode?
    11-23-08 10:02 AM
    Did you put the date/time into NETWORK mode?
    I'm not sure. Is that a setting? I might have played around with the settings without knowing what I might have changed ::sighs::
    11-23-08 10:06 AM
    I'm not sure. Is that a setting? I might have played around with the settings without knowing what I might have changed ::sighs::
    Yep, go to Options --> Date/Time, and where it says Date/Time Source, change it from Blackberry to Network
    11-23-08 10:11 AM
    Yep, go to Options --> Date/Time, and where it says Date/Time Source, change it from Blackberry to Network
    Thanks.

Still says 2006 though, LOL.
    11-23-08 10:23 AM
    That email will always stay in 2006. That email came in when the date on the device was not yet set changed, or updated.

Just keep an eye on new incoming messages, if they will come in with the correct time.
    11-23-08 12:48 PM
    When you first turned on the phone, your date was set wrong. It was set to the 2006 date. When you registed the phone on the network, the messages came through and simply got tagged with that wrong date when they came in and filed. Then the time/date updated and everything since then has been correct.

This does not happen just on the Storm, all BBs do this if the time/date are wrong when you first turne them on and register them. This is why I like to make sure my time is set to network in options before I do the BB registrations for service books. Doesn't hurt anything, just delete them, you don't need the messages anyway.
    11-23-08 12:56 PM
    When you first turned on the phone, your date was set wrong. It was set to the 2006 date. When you registed the phone on the network, the messages came through and simply got tagged with that wrong date when they came in and filed. Then the time/date updated and everything since then has been correct.

This does not happen just on the Storm, all BBs do this if the time/date are wrong when you first turne them on and register them. This is why I like to make sure my time is set to network in options before I do the BB registrations for service books. Doesn't hurt anything, just delete them, you don't need the messages anyway.
    Ooooh, I see. Thanks. I'm first time Blackberry user, so I'm still discovering all kinds of things. You guys are great, thanks.
    11-23-08 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD