Well my replacement Storm came in today and I decided to skin it up before I activated it. I went with ghost armor on my original Storm and was satisfied with the product, however with money being tight around the holidays I decided to give Best Skins Ever a try. The entire skin was $7 with shipping and it only took 2 days from the time I ordered it to my door. Very plain packaging and no applicator solution like the GA kit (No biggie I was expecting that). My biggest complaint with the GA skin was the small long pieces that went over the chrome. I was unable to get my shaky hands steady enough to align those correctly. BSE fixed that problem by incorporating the chrome protection in the same pieces as the side protection. Much easier to install, and looks a thousand times better.

Patience is still a virtue when installing these skins, and it seemed like I had to use more application solution with the BSE skin as it seemed to be somewhat stickier.

Both products seem to be very good, however I would recommend the BSE skin over any other right now, not just for value, but also for ease of installation, with the chrome protection that is. Also it seems to be somewhat thicker than the GA skin.

Of course this is just my opinion. I also ordered a skin for my wife's pearl which was MUCH easier to install than the Storm, however on my wife's the skin hides a few scratches that are on the screen. It makes the phone look new again. Not bad for 6 bucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 11:48 PM
    Kudos for typing that all on your Storm!

I am biased, though. I love PhantomSkinz!
    12-17-08 11:52 PM
    Fyi (I'm all about saving money) ghost armor has life time guarantee. So can get a free skin if you have to remove the original for what ever reason.

12-17-08 11:55 PM

I am biased, though. I love PhantomSkinz!
    Oh wow I didn't notice that. Wow!

12-17-08 11:56 PM
    Lol. Yeah I get tired of hearing about how difficult it is to type on this phone. **** as much as I type on this thing I'm not much faster on my computer.

12-17-08 11:57 PM
    Lol. Yeah I get tired of hearing about how difficult it is to type on this phone. **** as much as I type on this thing I'm not much faster on my computer.

It would have taken me like half an hour to type all of that!

The question remains: did you use Suretype
    12-18-08 12:00 AM
    Fyi (I'm all about saving money) ghost armor has life time guarantee. So can get a free skin if you have to remove the original for what ever reason.

I'll be honest and say I didn't know that. Oh well you live and learn lol.

12-18-08 12:01 AM
    The question remains: did you use Suretype
    That would be a negative although I'm pretty fast with it also thanks to owning a Pearl prior to the Storm.

12-18-08 12:03 AM
    Its $5 shipping for a replacement with ghost armour. I'm glad that I don't have to spend $25 for a new set.
    12-18-08 01:11 AM
    haha, you are an animal at typing man. I don't even care about skins anymore, I just want to practice typing!
    12-18-08 01:33 AM
    BSE is great. And like the others have stated mad props for typing all that on your Storm and with great punctuation too!

12-18-08 03:09 AM
    I had great luck with BSE on mine. I ordered 2 incase I hosed the first one, but everything went well. I think I like the slightly tacky feeling, but not sure yet. As with all of the skins, the corners are the toughest to get right. I could have done better if I had practiced in someone else's first! LOL
    12-18-08 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD