So for the past few days, I've been having trouble with my internet on my Blackberry Storm. Everything is loading very slowly, and sometimes it won't load at all, and I get this message: "A Communication failure occurred with the selected mobile data service. The Server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your administrator."

I tried clearing my cache, and have pulled out the battery several times to no effect. I also followed instructions on a similar post and ran a diagnostic check. It didn't help, but here are the results:

Starting Time Stamp: July 31, 2009 09:46 PM
    Ending Time Stamp: July 31, 2009 09:47 PM
    PIN: 30665c1f
    MSISDN: 860 748 7685
    Device Type: BlackBerry 9530
    Application Version: v4.7.0.75
    Platform Version: 4.0.0.94
    Service Books: IPPP,BBIMConfig,YHO,WAPPushConfig,BBIMConfig,BBIMC onfig,BISClientConfig,BBIM,BBIM,WPTCP,LbsConfig,Br owserConfig,BrowserConfig,BrowserConfig,BrowserCon fig,BrowserConfig,BrowserConfig,APPCTR,OTASL,Brows erConfig,MMS,IPPP,BrowserConfig,PROVISIONING,KEYNE GO,CMIME,CICAL,CICAL,WPTCP,BrowserConfig,BrowserCo nfig,CMIME,CICAL,BrowserConfig
    Free File Space: 24985983 bytes
    Radio Data Activation: Yes
    Signal Level: -94 dBm
    Radio Access: EVDO
    Network: Verizon Wireless
    IP Address: 97.35.156.116
    ICMP Ping Echo: Yes
    BlackBerry Registration: No
    Connected to BlackBerry: Incomplete
    BlackBerry PIN Email: Incomplete
    Server Name: GBISXNAC02S03
    Email Address: [email protected]
    Connection to [email protected] : Incomplete
    Server Name: GBISXNAC02S09

I'm not sure what all that means, but maybe it'll help? Oh and I have Verizon Wireless, if that helps too.
    07-31-09 08:55 PM
    did you try a simple page like google search?
    07-31-09 09:05 PM
    Yes. A google search loads, but very slowly. Often times clicking on a link in the search results either does the same thing, or gives me the error message. I just tried it right now and the search page is still loading. It took about the time it took me to type this for it to load.
    07-31-09 09:12 PM
    go to --->

options
    advanced options
    browser
    make sure its set to internet explorer.....

you also might need service books sent to ur phone for the internet connection. Have u changed ur phone recently?
    *228 opt 1 always helps, and if that doesnt work.. call tech/

or go to support.vzw.com

or go to
    opts
    advanced opts
    hit the blackberry key (one with dots)
    go to host routing table
    hit the blackberry key
    and select register now
    Last edited by krishkrish33; 07-31-09 at 09:17 PM. Reason: more info
    07-31-09 09:14 PM
    go to --->

options
    advanced options
    browser

you also might need service books sent to ur phone for the internet connection. Have u changed ur phone recently?
    I went to the browser advanced options, but I don't have the choice of switching to internet explorer. It just says "Internet Browser" and when I click on it, there are no other choices.

I'm not sure how to send service books. What do you mean by have I changed by phone, and what is "*228 opt 1"? Thanks!
    07-31-09 09:16 PM
    Also, the thing is, I've had this phone for months now, and it's always worked fine until recently.
    07-31-09 09:18 PM
    *228 then press send, an operator will come on, choose option 1 to activate.
    You will hear about 30-60 seconds of some lovely hold music.. then it will say activation successful.

You can do the same process, but with option 2 to enhance your signal strength..

Service books are sent from Blackberry directly, since they are the ones providing you with the internet connection. To get those back, you actually have to call tech support (800-922-0204 option three i believe)

By new phone I meant, have u gotten a refurb or changed to a new phone recently?
    07-31-09 09:20 PM
    Thats understandable, what applications did you download to it?
    Any third party applications?
    What about blackberry messenger 5.0???
    07-31-09 09:20 PM
    *228 then press send, an operator will come on, choose option 1 to activate.
    You will hear about 30-60 seconds of some lovely hold music.. then it will say activation successful.

You can do the same process, but with option 2 to enhance your signal strength..

Service books are sent from Blackberry directly, since they are the ones providing you with the internet connection. To get those back, you actually have to call tech support (800-922-0204 option three i believe)

By new phone I meant, have u gotten a refurb or changed to a new phone recently?
    I will try that right now.

And no, this is the same phone I've had for months, but the internet just stopped working all the sudden.
    07-31-09 09:22 PM
    try changing your image resolution to low.
    07-31-09 09:22 PM
    I did *228 and tried both options 1 and 2. It seems to have worked... At least as far as I can tell? I'll check again tomorrow, because it's time for me to go to sleep. Thanks for the help!
    07-31-09 09:25 PM
    I will try that right now.

And no, this is the same phone I've had for months, but the internet just stopped working all the sudden.
    do you have a theme? and yes, sometimes it just stops working. LOL. stupid technology. theres no reason why, it just does. lol
    07-31-09 09:25 PM
    anytime!!!
    07-31-09 09:26 PM
    FYI u shd dial *228 option 1 or *22899 monthly for programming/PRL (preferred roaming list) update w/cell towers 2 obtain optimal signal.
    08-01-09 07:18 AM
    So for the past few days, I've been having trouble with my internet on my Blackberry Storm. Everything is loading very slowly, and sometimes it won't load at all, and I get this message: "A Communication failure occurred with the selected mobile data service. The Server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your administrator."

I tried clearing my cache, and have pulled out the battery several times to no effect. I also followed instructions on a similar post and ran a diagnostic check. It didn't help, but here are the results:

Starting Time Stamp: July 31, 2009 09:46 PM
    Ending Time Stamp: July 31, 2009 09:47 PM
    PIN: 30665c1f
    MSISDN: 860 748 7685
    Device Type: BlackBerry 9530
    Application Version: v4.7.0.75
    Platform Version: 4.0.0.94
    Service Books: IPPP,BBIMConfig,YHO,WAPPushConfig,BBIMConfig,BBIMC onfig,BISClientConfig,BBIM,BBIM,WPTCP,LbsConfig,Br owserConfig,BrowserConfig,BrowserConfig,BrowserCon fig,BrowserConfig,BrowserConfig,APPCTR,OTASL,Brows erConfig,MMS,IPPP,BrowserConfig,PROVISIONING,KEYNE GO,CMIME,CICAL,CICAL,WPTCP,BrowserConfig,BrowserCo nfig,CMIME,CICAL,BrowserConfig
    Free File Space: 24985983 bytes
    Radio Data Activation: Yes
    Signal Level: -94 dBm
    Radio Access: EVDO
    Network: Verizon Wireless
    IP Address: 97.35.156.116
    ICMP Ping Echo: Yes
    BlackBerry Registration: No
    Connected to BlackBerry: Incomplete
    BlackBerry PIN Email: Incomplete
    Server Name: GBISXNAC02S03
    Server Name: GBISXNAC02S09

I'm not sure what all that means, but maybe it'll help? Oh and I have Verizon Wireless, if that helps too.

Upgrade your OS. I remark that you are on .75
    Try the .151
    You will solve a lot of problems that you have.
    Here is the link:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/al...-betas-123176/
    08-01-09 07:35 AM
    Upgrade your OS. I remark that you are on .75
    Try the .151
    You will solve a lot of problems that you have.
    Here is the link:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/al...-betas-123176/
    I've tried uploading to the version that is offered on my actual phone (I believe it is .148) but whenever I do it tells me my phone doesn't have enough space. I'm going to delete a bunch of things and try it again, might that help?
    08-01-09 09:16 AM
    When I try upgrading from my phone now, it says "upgrade failed, try again later or use your desktop". Except I don't know how to upgrade from my desktop.... I suppose I need some sort of cord. If only I could remember where the box my storm came in is.
    08-01-09 09:21 AM
    Wow some ones on .75 amazing. If you run into problems loading a OS take it the store and have them update it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 09:48 AM
    Wow some ones on .75 amazing. If you run into problems loading a OS take it the store and have them update it.
    Well the only reason I'm still on .75 is because I can't update. Originally, I didn't have enough space, apparently, and now it just plain won't let me.

I'm planning on stopping by the Verizon store today and asking them for help.
    08-01-09 10:16 AM
    You do have a computer do you not? If you do then get DM, do a back up of everything and then use the app loader in either .148 or .151 to download. Use CrackBurglar's guide to upgrade. Screw OTA downloads.
    08-01-09 10:21 AM

I tried clearing my cache, and have pulled out the battery several times to no effect. I also followed instructions on a similar post and ran a diagnostic check.
    This is an easy fix. I used to work for the crap company.

Go and log into blackberry.go/vzw with your username/password you would normally log in with from email setup on your device to add/remove email accounts.

Once logged in, go on your device and go to Options icon, Advanced Options at the top and re-register your device under host routing table selection by going to Host Routing Table and choosing your blackberry menu key and selecting Register Now.

You should get a message that comes back that says Registration message sent.

Click ok, and go back to Advanced Options. Down below you will see Service books. Go in there.

You will see a lot of entries listed. Just delete by highlighting the ones that say browser or blackberry browser in the entry. This is your browser relay files. When you highlight them, click your blackberry key and select delete. If you by accident delete other entries, dont worry about this. They will come back.

Now power off your device and remove the battery. Leave the battery out.

Now on your computer, go to the site I mentioned above. Once you login, there is a link on the far left that says Service Books. Click it and click Send Service books.

You should then get a green message up at the top that will say Service Books Sent.

Now replace your battery back into your device and repower up.

When it comes up, you may experience a little lag. This is because your service books are recreating themselves in your device.

Dial *228. Choose option 1 for programming. Takes about 40-45 seconds to update your device.

Now test your browser.

You should notice it responding much much quicker and without flaws or errors. If you still experience problems or errors, backup your files using backup/restore with Blackberry manager on your computer and perform a wipe handheld.
    08-01-09 10:44 AM
    Wish I had known this two months ago, or I wouldn't have had to keep switching my wi-fi on and off. Thank you!

go to --->

options
    advanced options
    browser

or go to support.vzw.com

or go to
    opts
    advanced opts
    hit the blackberry key (one with dots)
    go to host routing table
    hit the blackberry key
    and select register now
    03-07-11 08:36 PM
    What can I do
    09-07-17 02:50 PM