2 problems I'm having. First one when I'm on the website, the keyboard suddenly pops up. Am I hittiing something unknowingly, and how do I get the keboard off. Also when I download crackberry on the phone I want to go to the discussion forums and can't seem to be able to figure out how to. How do I get that on the phone. It's the best place for info. Love it. Please Help, thanks
    02-07-09 11:39 AM
    Can you do that on a curve ??
    02-07-09 11:53 AM
    2 problems I'm having. First one when I'm on the website, the keyboard suddenly pops up. Am I hittiing something unknowingly, and how do I get the keboard off. Also when I download crackberry on the phone I want to go to the discussion forums and can't seem to be able to figure out how to. How do I get that on the phone. It's the best place for info. Love it. Please Help, thanks
    I can address the first issue.

When you open a web page that has text entry fields, and your cursor is in the text entry field, the keyboard automatically comes up.

It's set this way as a feature to you, so that as soon as the Storm sees you're in a text field, it brings up the keyboard because it assumes you'll be wanting to type something.

Not sure if there's a way to disable this, but when it happens you can just touch the screen in any place that doesn't have a text entry box (and i mean touch, you don't have to actually press down for a click. Just a simple touch of the finger will move the cursor out of the box), and the keyboard will automatically disappear.

I have this same thing, because my home page is set to google. And everyone knows that when you go to google, it automatically starts you with your cursor in the search box. So the keyboard automatically pops up. So i just touch the screen in the empty white area above the Google Logo and the keyboard goes away.

As to your second issue, sorry don't know anything about that. Hopefully someone else can help with that.

Hope this helps.
    02-07-09 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD