I have been using whatever it is that came with the phone but I imagine you can use firefox...how do I get it on the phone?

One problem that I have is when I what to view an image on the internet under google images, it splits the screen in two and I can't see the image on the full screen.

thanks in advance...
    01-20-09 08:52 PM
    So far there are only Opera Mini and Bolt for the Storm. I do not believe Firefox has released a mobile version, correct me if I'm wrong.
    01-20-09 08:57 PM
    In the browser you can hit the BB button > options > Browser Config and then change the browser identification to BB, IE or Firefox. Dunno if this answers your question.
    01-20-09 08:58 PM
    I have Opera Mini & Bolt as well, but I have never had that problem with any OS, even leaked ones when using the BB browser. Can you be more specific as to how it's split up on your screen. Do you mean the keyboard is there?
    01-20-09 08:59 PM
    There is no version of Firefox that runs on the BB. Just Windows, Linux or Mac.

There's a Beta browser called Bolt, but I couldn't get it to work on my Storm - you might try Opera Mini.
    01-20-09 09:00 PM
    Opera Mini is worse than the BB browser when it comes to images: if there are memory issues with Opera Mini, it will stop downloading and displaying images.
    01-20-09 09:25 PM
    I've tried Bolt and Opera Mini and of course the BB browser, I have found the the stock BB browser is the best one because it integrates better with the phone.
    01-20-09 09:27 PM
    They are working on a firefox mobile browser called Fennec.

Fennec M9 (user experience alpha) for Maemo release notes
    01-20-09 09:41 PM
    Before anyone goes and gets too excited, there's unlikely to EVER be ANY form of Firefox for the Blackberry. Firefox is a mix of C, C++, JavaScript, and XML code. All Blackberry apps have to be written in Java. It would be a pretty massive undertaking to port even the mobile version to Java and then maintain it.

Fennec is only slated for release on WinMo. They'd do a Jesus Phone port, but Apple would just refuse to distribute it on account of it competing with Safari. And of course Objective-C, which is used by Apple on the Jesus Phone, is much much easier to port to, especially given there's already a Mac port to draw from. Android is also Java based, so it's out as well.

It sucks... I'm a big Firefox fan, and I'd love to see it on my Storm, but the reality is that I'm almost certain never to see it happen. I don't really know much about Bolt, but I'm just hoping someone rips out the Webkit engine from Android and ports it to the BB OS, and builds a UI around it. Webkit being the engine that powers Apple's Safari, and Google's Chrome.
    01-20-09 10:09 PM
    Bolt is a Webkit browswer. It also works reasonably well for something not optimised for a touch UI, especially that of the Storm.
    01-21-09 09:42 AM
    as far as im concerned it goes

opera mini > bolt > bb browser
    01-21-09 10:47 AM
    Bolt is a Webkit browswer. It also works reasonably well for something not optimised for a touch UI, especially that of the Storm.
    Then I will have to be paying more attention to Bolt in the future.
    01-21-09 11:11 AM
    I have great reception in my area and even though Bolt is still in Beta, the speed of it is sooooooooooooo much faster then Opera or the BB browser. It's my primary browser at the moment. It takes a little getting used to, but super fast.
    01-23-09 04:09 PM
    So using Bolt is great but how do you make it the.default browser? I would like to click links in email and open them with Bolt...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD