I've searched threads no luck with getting the phone working. Last night my wife spilled wine on my phone and none of the buttons worked but it would still boot up. I filed a claim and I have a new storm on the way. My problem is I was running a leaked os, so I tried to downgrade and I bricked the phone. I've tried everything on the forums I could find it won't get past device initialization. If I mail this phone back like I was told could this cause trouble. Thanks
    05-02-10 04:04 PM
    You should be fine. Part of the problem may be that there is still moisture in the phone. Be sure it is dry before inserting the battery and attempting a reload.
    05-02-10 04:21 PM
    Stick it in a bag full of rice. It should cut down drying time significantly.
    05-02-10 04:27 PM
    So I got it to boot in safe mode back to 4.7.0.148 will this be cool so I don't get charged for a new phone. My new phone should arrive tomorrow. I have an os loaded on my pc before I plug my new phone in should I delete that off of my pc? Sorry for the stupid questions Thanks
    05-03-10 05:59 PM
    What kind of claim did you file. Insurance or warranty? If insurance they wont care in the least about OS is on it. The OS would have nothing to do with "Wine" in the keyboard. If warranty, then you will be paying for the replacement anyways.
    05-03-10 06:10 PM
    Insurance and I paid the 89.00 deductible
    05-03-10 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD